add stream deck device?

OMG yes! I will definitely test the sh*t out of it :smiley:

Thank you for your awesome work, as always @Andreas_Hegenberg <3

Awesome! Works great so far! I'm using the Stream Deck Plugin Mode.

EDIT: Please ignore this. The Toggle On/Off option BTT does exactly that .. :see_no_evil: Thanks!

I would have one feature request:
As a User I would like to have an option that the displayed button on the stream deck switching between two different options so that I can configure a mute/unmute button with different icons.

There is already a way to do this by using the Stream Deck "Multi Action Switch" button, BUT
1) the displayed button is then defined within the Stream Deck configuration and not within BTT
2) there is a green checkmark displayed after pressing the button on the Stream Deck which is for 1 action use-cases like mute/unmute very annoying

I see there possible different ways to satisfy this use-case. For this very simple one it would be enough to have an option within BTT that the displayed appearance switches between two settings as in both cases the same action should be applied (Sending the same shortcut to an application in both cases). For more advanced use-cases where you also want to trigger different actions there would be either a way of adding a "Switch BetterTouchTool Action" in the Stream Deck Plugin or implement that option within BTT. I'm not sure what would be easier.

But again, thanks for the plugin!

EDIT2:

But now I got a crash while setting up the toggle on/off appearances. BTT crashes and if i click on the action in BTT it crashes every time.

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'Attempt to insert non-property list object null for key BTTStreamDeckAlternateLastUsedBackground'
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

@swnero the crash should be fixed in 3.814 I think

I'm currently testing the BTT Stream Deck plugin architecture. Would be great if somebody could check whether this little CPU usage plugin works for them:

http://folivora.ai/releases/BTTStreamDeckPluginCPUUsage.zip (unzip & double-click to install, requires BetterTouchTool 3.814)
Alternatively you can copy it manually to /Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool/Plugins

It will show up in the list of widgets after being installed and you can use it like any other Stream Deck widget then.

This is the source code:

I tried this, but it had permissions problems and crashed. I added it manually , but the permissions popped up when I went to add the trigger.

1 Like

weird, was there any error message? What kind of permissions did it complain about?

Then it pops up again until it crashes. I gave permission to move it in, but it doesn't like it.

ah interesting, looks like I need to notarize it to run on other systems.

The plugin file is now notarized by Apple and should now be allowed to load by macOS
http://folivora.ai/releases/BTTStreamDeckPluginCPUUsage.zip

It seems to be working fine.

I have it running beside the SD CPU plugin.

Opening a lot of files, holding, then reducing the load, all seem to register well. The SD CPU seems to register a little faster after a big drop or gain in memory, but I don't think anyone could notice the difference. Neither of them are exactly real time, so they perform as well as people use CPU monitors.

It looks good.

I added it manually.

1 Like

:+1: great, it’s mostly a example/test for the plugin setup. I intentionally limited the refresh rate because when refreshing as fast as the official one, this alone takes about 1% of CPU :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Andreas_Hegenberg I got my license for BTT from Setapp. The current version is <3.8.
Do you have any advise how I can upgrade to >3.8, so I can use my Stream Deck with BTT?

3.8 is in beta currently and not yet on Setapp (as there are no beta channels on Setapp)

The public release will be soon though

1 Like

Thank you, I will wait for that.

The new update fixed the crash i had :+1: Again many thanks for your work.

One thing though: The "BTT Identifier" is a little bit misleading

On the left you see that the button in the bottom right corner has the BTT identifier "mute" which i used also in BTT as you can see on the right as an "item identifier". Only right now where I wanted to send you this bug I realized that I need to set the "associated button identifier" in the config and it needs to be an integer. Now it works, but maybe some adjustments to the UI will help other users. What is the "item identifier" in BTT used for btw?

EDIT:
Okay actually, i might found a bug anyway. Only the identifier "1" seems to work for me. Checked with "2", "3" and "-1", also restarted both apps (tried just in case different ordering of the buttons in BTT and Stream Deck as well):

And a small UI bug: If you are on "config" you still have the option to change between "OFF" and "ON Appearance"

Ah yes that item identifier I should rename. It is currently only used for groups where you can open a specific group using a predefined action. Also it's used as display name for your button in the BTT UI. I will rename it to "Display Name" for now.

However the associated identifiers seem to work fine here, I have worked with them quite a bit recently. Possibly try to use identifiers with more than 1 character, although it SHOULD not make a difference.

1 Like

Okay, i don't know what is different now, but also identifier "2", "3" and so on work fine now.

Today my Steam Deck Mini was delivered. I would like to run it exclusively with BTT ("fully controlled"). But simply nothing happens at all. Do I need to install the Elgato software although I don't want to use it?
It must be very simple - no one mentions here that an installation step is required to connect BTT to Steam Deck nor is it mentioned in the documentation. What do I have to do?

PS: I see the Elgato Logo and - if running - Elgato Software connects to the Steam Deck.
PPS: the Stream Deck Mini does not show up in the configuration of a Stream Deck button. When I enable "Only show on specific devices", my Stream Deck is not mentioned (BTT 3.821)
PPPS: No one can help. I sent this Steam Deck back.