add stream deck device?

Got my stream deck yesterday! Looking forward to a BTT beta that works with Stream Deck

Really looking forward to this, i ama HEAVY user of streamdecks in my A/V setup. (i have 5 XL's and a normal)

Since M1's does not come with touchbar (wtf retarded users who voted that wonderful thing away) i need a supliment for my BTT config.

Direct streamdeck functionality will be awesome!

Yeah just saying that my stream deck waits for this - It feels like the device will be 1000x more powerful when btt integration comes. Seeing the alpha updates I imagine that it's a foundation for what could we do with stream deck... cannot wait :smiley:

Sorry, it got delayed more. I now basically have everything working but need some more time to polish it. (Hope ~1 week)

However after some consideration BTT will not completely replace the Stream Deck software. Talking to the hardware directly is possible, but it takes away some flexibility. Instead there will be a BTT plugin, that you can place as often as you want on your Stream Deck and then configure it in BTT. It will offer pretty much the same functionality as BTT's Touch Bar.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the Plugin…
Fan of BTT for a decade now (or so) and it would be nice to have a better way to use the Actions from stream deck than to trigger via HTTP.
Will you host it by yourself, by this "Stream deck Store" or both?

Amazing! Getting my streamdeck on Saturday and was just checking out how to mute/umute myself in Microsoft Teams. And as BBT has the nice feature to send hotkeys even to windows which are in the back, the easiest solution seems to be to do this via BBT.

FANTASTIC.

I hope the development is going well.

I had some questions about the use of fonts: Will the plug-in use the small number of baked-in fonts of the stream deck framework? Or will it be based on the code of the BTT widgets?

Other plug-ins get around the limited choices by including additional font options in the plug-in itself:
Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 15.54.25 PM

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 15.54.02 PM

But maybe the font-family would be a good option in the BTT interface. I don't know.

(This isn't an emergency obviously, and I'm sure the actual plug-in is going to answer all my questions in real time. Just thought I'd ask while I was curious. Thanks for your continued work on BTT, I'm always happy to recommend it.)

How are we doing, can't wait for native streamdeck connection :smiley:

This is how my streamdeck works now, heavy user of both btt, streamdeck and companion :slight_smile: I know i can connect BTT via companion, but for an upcoming project, i'd like to use streamdeck software.

Would be amazng with native support though

1 Like

Wow that looks like a really complex setup, how long did it take to create this? :slight_smile:
Not completely sure if my implementation supports all of this yet, but I think most of it can be replicated with the BTT Stream Deck integration. Did you set this up in the official Stream Deck software? How did you setup the changing of buttons while holding a specific button?

There has been a change of plans, which why it got further delayed, but I'm now really pretty much finished. Hope to release a alpha tomorrow.

BTT will now offer two modes you can choose from:
Mode 1.) BTT takes full control of the Stream Deck, the official Software must be quit then (best performance)
Mode 2.) BTT provides a Stream Deck plugin that you can use within the Stream Deck software, this allows to integrate with your existing setup.

I'm currently doing a lot of testing and implementing some more widgets, but basically all is working now.

//edit: ah I didn't know about the Companion app! Looks very interesting.

2 Likes

Thanks, it's about two years of knowledge, i guess making this took me about 40 hours (and it allways evolves)

If you'd like, i'll give you a guide of companion, BTT has done a lot for me over the years, i'm a companion pro, so i'll happily give you the shortcut in time to learn all the stuff.

My setup is a bit to complex to explain in text.

Awesome, i never really use the streamdeck software, companion connects to the streamdeck directly. BUT companion is 99% for A/V technicians, so for other data-usage, it's as of now "farily" useless.

Let's connect over PM

1 Like

If this has hit a snag, maybe I can get some advice about the older ways.

For latency and security and ease of set-up with the Streamdeck, what is currently better?

1. Enable external scripting, code and run every trigger as applescript.
  2. Enable the webserver, run triggers as HTTP requests.
  3. Abandon my BTT triggers and re-write them as Apple Shortcuts quick actions, because Apple Shortcuts hotkey assignments are seen by the StreamDeck now.

Companion was clunky and ugly and not completely reliable the last time I used it (and I think it had some questionable web security and user data policies, IIRC). I'm sure it's great for specific professional A/V situations, but it's framework didn't help my production workflows.

Have you got any update on this... Is there a beta to use now? I have lots of BTT functions and if they don't work on the stream deck that is a miss for me.

Version 3.800 is now available on the alpha channel.
For details have a look at Stream Deck · GitBook (folivora.ai)

Multi-button widgets like calendar, dock or clipboard manager will follow in 1-2 weeks.

2 Likes

I added this now having problems with my mouse randomly clicking things. I have to close BTT to work on my computer... any ideas what could be causing this or potential solutions?

3.811 did something to break the SD button appearance. I had a Date/Time widget. Now it's cutting off the text that that used to be full button.

This is for the text from Button Text (you can paste images here as well)

The icon is showing fully, it's just the text that is broken. It's stripping the top third and bottom third and showing a broken middle third.

Edit: It's only showing one line for the widget, but it's showing the full text for just a label....

TimeGlitch

If the widget only has one line, I can't add seconds in that nice way, or add other labels under the time....

(This is what it looked like before: )
TimeGlitch2

1 Like

Sorry multiline should be working again in 7.812.

Today I'll finish a few more widgets and then I think I'll do a first public release tomorrow (currently it's only showing up when manually checking for updates) to gather more feedback and stabilize things.

I also added a Floating Stream Deck simulator - but that's only available in Full Control Mode.

All good now, thank you.

@Andreas_Hegenberg any idea why I can't use BTT without my mouse randomly clicking. Any ideas on how to fix this?

If possible please create a different issue, I don't think this is related to Stream Deck. Most likely some accidental configuration added? (e.g. triggering a left click using a keyboard shortcut or similar?