"Act as Hyperkey" still triggers "Capslock"

Describe the bug
I configured the hyperkey on capslock according to the documentation..

When i try to use it, capslock is still triggerd, no matter if i hold the key or just tab it. So when i press it the hyperkey is not ctrl+shift+cmd+opt but ctrl+shift+cmd+opt+capslock. It is also annoying when typing and using the "hyperkey", because it will always toggle capslock. I have rebooted my system multiple times and also tried to disable capslock in the system settings.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Keyboard (Internal and External)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Air M1 16GB Ram German ISO Keyboardlayout
  • macOS version: Ventura Version 13.2.1 (22D68)
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one") 4.068 via Setapp

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

I can't reproduce this. Is this really happening on the internal Macbook trackpad for you?
Does BTT have Accessibility API permissions in System Settings => Privacy & Security => Accessibility?

For external non-Apple keyboards I'd understand that this could happen, but for Apple keyboards it would be quite weird :-/

If you can't get it to work, I'd recommend to remap Caps Lock to option or cmd and then follow @Frank1's general suggestion on how to setup shortcuts that only work with that remapped key pressed by using BTTs "Differentiate Left / Right Modifier Keys"

1 Like

Hi Andreas, thank you for the quick reply. Yes it happens on the build in apple Keyboard as well as on the external (non apple) Keyboards. BTT has accessibility permissions. Is there any other Setting I am missing? With the Hyperkey feature enabled it always registers as the 4 modifier keys + caps and toggles caps.

Thank's for posting the workaround, I'll give that a try :+1: