Ableton Live Preset

Hi Guys!

Please note, that I made this preset on MacBook Pro 16 inch with a physical escape button. I am not sure how it's going to behave on regular sized models. But The logic behind all buttons stays the same, so I believe, you can easily adjust everything to work properly on your machine.

I started to use BTT after downloading Ableton BTT preset from Patches.com. Soon enough I realized, that it's far from the Ableton TouchBar of my dreams. I started to build my own TouchBar based on the one from Patches. Now only "Record", "Save" and "Save Version" buttons are remaining.

Please, notice that "Save Version" works only if you have Live Enhancement Suite installed. Anyway, you are free to implement everything as you like.

I added some buttons for functions which are most commonly used in my workflow. Also there is a browser for loading FX and Instruments. VST browser is also included but it depends on plugins that I own, so feel free to adjust everything to your needs.

-Button with EQ icon loads an EQ Eight to your track.
-Next button is a shortcut for Compressor
-Button with a green "A" at the bottom loads Tuner to a track,
-Button with a little knob icon loads Utility.
-Button with yellow waveform icon loads Sampler. Hold shift, and it will become blue. That means Simpler instead of Sampler.
-"Rack" Button is a shortcut for cmd+G, and if you hold shift it will act as cmd+a -> cmd+ shift which I found useful for deleting all devices from a track.
-A snowflake is "Freeze" button. Long press on it and it will unfreeze track back. With shift pressed, "Freeze" becomes "Flatten".

Home bar:

Home Bar with shift pressed:

FX group opened (It's Scrollable):

Instruments group opened:

Have Fun!

MyLive.bttpreset (1.6 MB)

Really nice

Amazing, I am thinking of making this for fl studio.

1 Like

please explain what to do with the file once downloaded, because no app would open it ( I'm a dumb "user")

Hi.
You must install BetterTouchTool app in order to use this preset.
Be aware of some points that I marked in the description. If you have a Mac without dedicated escape button, the present is not going to look properly. But you will be able to fix this after some investigations.
This preset is not a 100% ready to use tool for everyone, but could be a good start for making something that suits your needs best.

Awesome!
As someone without a physical escape button I can confirm it works.
Just ensure you have the "Hide global actions if app specific actions are configured in BTT" tickbox checked in Standards Setttings -> Touch bar.
For me it quite simply worked, with my custom ESC button replacing the BTT-icon button on this preset, although you may have to go into your global triggers and changed around the display order if it's not working for you.

Cheers buddy.

has anyone made one for Logic Pro X?

this is great thank you.
how can I disable aquatouch preset for Ableton? it's mixed with your preset :confused:

Hi!
I am not near my laptop right now, but I think, you must try to create a conditional activation group for the aquatouch preset, to hide it once ableton is active.

for anybody else who wants to do this: go to unsupported apps, click "edit conditions for group"
insert a new line for live, like this pic

the icons you used are sick where can I get them?

I've just made them.
Here there are:

2 Likes

But I didn’t made icons for all devices, only few of them. And there is only one extra icon in the archive . It’s for the LFO

1 Like

The new version of this is here:

1 Like