Work in progress and alpha features

that was it!
thanks

Your icon doesn’t have any weird space when the monitor is unfocused, how do you update the text? Can you try updating the text via {“text”: “string here”} ? Thanks!

not quite sure what you mean but I dont have it output JSON. I just have it output a simple string (script below)

data_dump=$(curl -s 'https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/')
deaths=$(echo "$data_dump" | grep -m1 'Deaths' | sed 's|.*and \([0-9]*,[0-9]*\).*|\1|')
echo -e "$deaths\nDeaths"

however when I used the below command echo "{\"text\":\"string here\"}"

it outputs this on focused monitors

and this on unfocused

looks the same to me

Hi moshed,

Thank you so much for trying, you'll see the issue if you place the icon at the far left, as you can see down below:

Edit: I just realized it could be a macOS bug, because I found the similar issue on "Current Location" icon...:joy:

If you applied any style (icon/color/font/size), any modifier key would cause the icon to lose all styles:

@Andreas_Hegenberg Is it possible to disable re-render if we choose Show always? I can provide a test preset for you to reproduce these issues😄

I will test it out and see if I can replicate and well see if it is a macOS bug or otherwise.

@Noon_Chen do you have any good ideas for things to put in the menubar? currently I only have a corona death counter and an icon that shows BTT settings because I hide many icons with hide to the left of BTT icon, but dont want to hide the BTT icon itself since I tinker with the settings so much. it also toggle the BTT touchbar on right click since it hides itself pretty often fro some reason.

looking for things to add

I recommend the stuffs you need to check consistently or the handy tools you need the most. Caliguvara offered great examples.

In my case, I need to know the network speed and airpods battery, and these are the icons on the menu bar right now

1 Like

I'm not 100% sure whether I understood the issue, maybe provide a test preset, that will definitely help.

Sure, here it is:

[
  {
    "BTTTriggerType" : 681,
    "BTTTriggerTypeDescription" : "Menubar Item: N\/A",
    "BTTTriggerClass" : "BTTTriggerTypeOtherTriggers",
    "BTTPredefinedActionType" : -1,
    "BTTPredefinedActionName" : "No Action",
    "BTTAdditionalConfiguration" : "\/bin\/bash:::-c:::-:::",
    "BTTEnabled2" : 1,
    "BTTRepeatDelay" : 0,
    "BTTUUID" : "AE398895-1E94-4E85-8010-35925240268D",
    "BTTNotesInsteadOfDescription" : 0,
    "BTTEnabled" : 1,
    "BTTModifierMode" : 0,
    "BTTOrder" : 1,
    "BTTDisplayOrder" : 0,
    "BTTTriggerConfig" : {
      "BTTTouchBarButtonLineHeight" : 0,
      "BTTTouchBarButtonColor" : "0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000",
      "BTTTouchBarButtonTextAlignment" : 0,
      "BTTTouchBarButtonFontSize" : 15,
      "BTTTouchBarButtonTopMargin" : 0,
      "BTTTouchBarItemIconWidth" : 22,
      "BTTTouchBarAlternateBackgroundColor" : "0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000",
      "BTTTouchBarScriptUpdateInterval" : 1,
      "BTTTouchBarShellScriptString" : "echo \"{\\\"text\\\":\\\"newTitle\\\", \\\"icon_path\\\": \\\"\/System\/Library\/CoreServices\/Finder.app\/Contents\/Resources\/Finder.icns\\\", \\\"background_color\\\": \\\"255,85,100,255\\\", \\\"font_color\\\": \\\"100,200,100,255\\\", \\\"font_size\\\": 10}\"",
      "BTTTouchBarAppleScriptStringRunOnInit" : false,
      "BTTTouchBarAppleScriptUsePath" : 0,
      "BTTTouchBarOnlyShowIcon" : false,
      "BTTTouchBarItemIconHeight" : 22
    }
  }
]
  • Move this menubar icon to the far left, if you have multiple monitors, you should see the weird space to the right on the unfocused monitors (maybe it's macOS bug).

• Press modifier keys (caps/shift/fn...) cause the menubar icon to re-render.

• update_trigger in JS fails to update BTTAdditionalConfiguration of shell menubar trigger.

Thanks!

Edit:
There's a typo in the app, " at the right side of icon_path missing a \:

LOVING the menu bar icon stuff :smiley: got GC's all set up launching the settings window!

Mind if I bring attention to this? As the AQT userbase continues to expand, loading widgets appearing everywhere on startup or group-enter creates a bad "glitchy" impression to the users. Would be great if this is a reality!

1 Like

@Andreas_Hegenberg PLEASE this.

@Andreas_Hegenberg working with the new context menu tools right now. Is there a way to add disabled plain text as well as keyboard shortcut annotations? A la how Mission Control Plus shows its version number/keyboard shortcut for Quit/etc:

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 8.01.42 PM

My current menu:

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 8.03.08 PM

I honestly think a new section for menubar items should be in place, will take more time to get things working of course but just as apple demonstrates with wwdc 20, better late but good than early but gimmicky

Ping me if you need an icon or UI advice for it!

3 Likes

Is there a way to paste copied conditions without overwriting current conditions? I have a set of like 30 conditions to add to three other conditional activation groups...

1 Like

H Andreas! Absolutely love this Tool. I am having a lot of crash issues and the Touch Bar keeps disabling itself out of nowhere, even without any modifier keys being pressed. I am installing the Alpha updated now. I hope this works because I only have one day left on my trial and I reeeeeaaally want to keep using BTT. fingers crossed

Still need a little help with this issue...

It's been messing up the controls in AQT for many users

Before it might have been trial & error, but in macOS 11 this gets weird. The Top Margin does not have any effect at all anymore on the display, 0, 9 or -9 have the same result. :frowning: Widget being the one on the right of the battery.

would just like to link this here:

1 Like

Hi @Andreas_Hegenberg, I have updated to the latest 3.400 version, but still the Environmental Variables of menubar item cannot be modified programmatically via the update_trigger method. :joy:

var updateDefinition_mb = {"BTTAdditionalConfiguration" : newConfig_mb};
callBTT('update_trigger', {uuid: MB_uuid, json: JSON.stringify(updateDefinition_mb)});