Work in progress and alpha features

Interesting, does the Touch Bar in general still work when this happens?

Yes, everything except the mouse support works.

Might be related (or not, since it doesn't happened at the same time), but sometimes after Mac wake, the BTT Touch Bar has difficulties to replace the stock Touch Bar. BTT is running fine but the Touch Bar stays stock. In this case restarting BTT doesn't help, I think I got it fixed by rebooting computer or toggling BTT Touch Bar support ON/OFF. I initially thought it might be related to the BTT option "No restart after sleep" but even with it disabled I've faced the issue. But as I said, I don't think these two issues are related.

Here is some additional information about that second issue where Touch Bar support is broken: I'd say it happens once every 10 wake from sleep. When it happens, restarting BTT doesn't help. The only fix is to disable TouchBar support, restart BTT, enable again, restart BTT.

It's a great app. 24€ maybe a bit overkill for the functionality I use (snap, cmd-drag & alt-resize), but it's lifetime. Forum's also nice, and good too see the dev active.

huh, it is getting a bit quiet. I was used to bizar frequent updates, so one gets a bit curious what is going on...

had our first baby boy :slight_smile:
I’ll be back soon!

14 Likes

Congratulations! That explains any delays in your release schedule. LOL

Good times, and all I ever say, If being a dad is easy... you're doing it wrong.

So far he is very easy to handle, but I think this might change :smiley:

Well, coding with a baby sleeping on my chest is working better than I expected, so I'm slowly back!
Just uploaded 3.210:

More things coming soon!

1 Like

My Update failed. Also note, took a long time to download (very slow compared to normal).

Ah sorry, should be fixed by now. (Although I don't know about the download speed, it's currently fast here in Germany, maybe some temporary routing issue)

Looks like 3.210 finally installed and now 3.211 fails to start download and presents the install failure.

Confirmation here. 3.211 doesn't want to download.

I have an "old" 15" MacBook Pro here. @Andreas_Hegenberg you have some issues with the esc key man! There should be a 5px space after the escape button, but my personalized buttons start at the same level then the esc key! I think BTT doesn't get that this is a model w/o physical esc key.

You mean in 3.210? (I think 3.211 should recognize the Touch Bar type correctly, I was having some issues with the upload process - should be working in a few minutes)

1 Like

Yupp, that's the state of 3.210. BTT offers me an update which I'm unable to download.

EDIT: never mind I just saw the rest of your message :smiley: thanks :wink:

Yep, it should now update again to v3.212 :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does! But so does the disposition of the keys on my Touch Bar :wink:

*8px i believe

Been playing around with SideCar on Catalina.
Two things I noticed:

• The iPad displays the normal TouchBar buttons for the focused application that is on the iPad (I quite like this as now I can have both the application buttons on the iPad and the BTT bar active on the Mac).
    • If it is possible to have the BTT TouchBar appear on SideCar, then it would be nice to have a separate configuration toggle for enabling that.
  • When the iPad is used as an extended display, moving the mouse to the bottom edge of the iPad will active the yellow dot "Mouse mode" for BTT on the Mac's TouchBar (I imagine this will need the same check that you currently do for secondary displays)
2 Likes

"Show in SideCar" checkbox in conditional group / app settings anybody?

afaik the "Touch Bar" that shows up on sidecar cannot be altered in any way. I sure hope they don't bring that system over to the primary Touch Bar.

Also, @Andreas_Hegenberg myself and others are still experiencing the Touch Bar hiding itself after sleep. Any luck fixing this issue?