windows beyond thirds and quarters

please add presets to arrange windows into a grid of 6 (3x2); 9 (3x3); 12 (4x3) and 16 (4x4). this would be useful for those of us using big screens.

thank you

I agree...my screen isn't huge, but it is wide, and I would use this functionality

BTT has custom snap areas and the predefined action „custom move / resize“ which both allow to create any sort of resizing action :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Andreas, much appreciated. BTT is quite powerful, obviously, so it will take me a bit of time to learn the tricks. I'll be back to the community to learn more in the weeks ahead. Best Regards ~ Steve

I am aware of that feature, I tried setting something up but did not have enough time, as the interface is not that intuitive, and I couldn't find much information in the documentation

I just looked at this again, and it seems to only offer control over one window, is this correct? if so, I would be unable to use it to configure a gridding of 6 or more images, yes?

I have tried using custom snap areas. but they don't work like the preset snap areas.
For discussion purposes, I have created 9 snap areas, as a 3x3 grid on the desktop. I then defined keyboard shortcuts for each with the "Trigger Snap Area" action.

PROBLEM #1- I have a second monitor, and I also need to create 9 more snap areas on that monitor and assign different shortcuts to them.
WHEREAS, if there were predefined actions of each of these, It would work on either display using the same shortcut.

PROBLEM #2 - Triggering a custom snap area with shortcuts will lose the original size, if done more than once.
FYI I have added the action "restore last save window layout" before the trigger snap area. It works fine, but there is an annoying flicker as it resizes to last size, then immediately snaps to the custom snap area. Maybe an option to carry over the last setting.
WHEREAS, the predefine actions keep the original sizes even if moved and resized with shortcuts.

hth