Window Switcher for Active App crashes immediately

Describe the bug
When I trigger the "Show Window Switcher for Active App" action (default configuration) with a keyboard shortcut, BetterTouchTool crashes immediately. The crash does not happen while the BTT configuration window is open. I'll attach a crash report below.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 14-inch, 2021
  • macOS version: 14.2 (23C64)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 4.348

Additional information (e.g. crash logs, related issues, etc.):

BetterTouchTool-2023-12-14-165259.crash (46.6 KB)

thanks for reporting! I think I'm able to reproduce the issue, I'll check what's wrong

Could you check whether 4.349 alpha fixes the issue for you?

Yes, the crash is fixed. Thank you!

I've noticed another issue: When I open the "Window Switcher for Active App", close it, and open the "Window Switcher for All Open Apps" afterwards, it only shows the windows of the active app. Closing and reopening it again fixes the issue temporarily. The same problem occurs vice versa (All Apps -> Active App).

Should I create a new bug report?

That might now also be working again in 4.350!

Looking good, thanks!

I've also noticed a selection issue :sweat_smile::

1. Open one of the window switchers. The first item is selected.
  2. Enter text into the search field that excludes the first (selected) item.
  3. The selection gets lost if there are multiple items in the search results. It works if there is only one item.

mh isn't that what one would expect? Which one should be selected instead?

//edit: ah now I understand, your search text still matches one of the other window titles so the first one should be selected

Yes, it should select the first item in the list because the previous selection (excluded by the search term) is no longer visible.