Window snapping isn't working

Maybe you have accidentally disabled window snapping for all apps (or for some specific apps)?

When rolling back to a previous version, BTT will use the old data file again - this means any change you might have made with the newer ones would not effect the old version.

2 Likes

That's right, thanks @Andreas_Hegenberg!

But I really do not know how I ended up ticking this box... :thinking:

Have this problem on my MacBook pro only. My M1 Mac Mini works just fine, same configuration and same OS version.

Have tried all solutions recommended above in this thread (e.g., the sudo command, restarting, etc)

. Have checked all permissions. Have made sure "disable windows snapping" was not accidentally checked.

Interestingly, when I am in BTT, BTT will snap, but nothing else will. See attached video screen shot to demonstrate what I am talking about.

Eric

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro18,2
Chip: Apple M1 Max
Total Number of Cores: 10 (8 performance and 2 efficiency)
Memory: 64 GB
System Firmware Version: 7459.141.1
OS Loader Version: 7459.141.1
Serial Number (system): FW44NHWQNF
Hardware UUID: 7E06AEC1-CFC7-541B-8A43-11D865A9B4D9
Provisioning UDID: 00006001-001211C43402801E
Activation Lock Status: Disabled

are you sure it’s not disabled like in the previous post? It you go to help->export diagnostic debug information and send the result to andreas@folivora.ai, I can tell you what’s wrong

I uninstalled and reinstalled BTT.

I re-added permissions.

I restarted my computer.

The problem remains. See screen capture video.

Note, this ONLY occurs on this laptop. My Mac Mini, running the same OS does not have this issue. Mac Mini has M1, this laptop has M1 Max.

I think there are two options:

1. Some settings somewhere inside of BTT causes the issue
  2. Some other app that is running on your machine prevents window snapping. I don't know of any app that could cause issues, but I know there have been some in the past (Dragon Naturally Speaking app is one example)

To rule out 1. you could delete all the BTT settings and then run BTT again.
To do this, you delete these files while BTT is quit (maybe backup first):

~/Library/Application Support/BetterTouchTool
and
~/Library/Preferences/com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool.plist

(Go there via Finder => Go => Go to Folder, make sure to include the ~)

FYI, I was running into the exact same issue. Going through this post helped me fix it by:

1. sudo tccutil reset Accessibility hangs my OS. After restarting, BBT asks me to re-enable the permission for Accessibility and Screen Recording.
  2. In BBT, there is a grey warning on the top right conner with "Attention! BetterTouchTool is disabled!". Click on it to enable it.

Thanks everyeone.

OMG, this is my case! I tried to figure out this problem with several days..!

Hi
A few days after installing it windows snapping (both manual and via hotkeys) stopped working.

I've tried probably most of the above-mentioned methods to fix it

• reset the Accessibility setting with sudo
  • mac restart
  • 'Disable Window Snapping' for All Aps is disabled

I'm using v4.316 | 41361 via setapp
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: Mac14,10
Model Number: Z177000E7LL/A
Chip: Apple M2 Pro
Total Number of Cores: 12 (8 performance and 4 efficiency)
Memory: 32 GB
System Firmware Version: 10151.61.4
OS Loader Version: 10151.61.4

Window Snapping with a trackpad works only for the BetterTouchTool app window. Snapping with hotkeys works only if the hotkey is CapsLock for only 1 configuration. Very strange