WIndow snapping ignores position of dock on multiple monitors.

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug

Window snapping does not take account of the current position of the dock, only where the dock was when BTT was launched. On my multiple monitor setup I switch the toolbar from the bottom of the left to the button of the right monitor and back frequently. This causes the window-snapping (via keyboard shortcut) to be a problem on the monitor that did not originally contain the dock. If it contains the dock then the bottom of the window is obscured. I am not looking for windows to magically adjust just the subsequent window snaps take account of the current location of the dock.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac:
    iMac (Late 2012)
  • macOS version:
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")
    Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

I'm seeing the same thing. Is this a bug, or is there a known work around?

Imprint | Privacy Policy