Window snapping animation plays when mouse moves to edge of screen without window

The window snapping animation plays when the mouse cursor moves to edge of screen (any edge), even though I am not dragging a window.

Does not happen on startup, but once it starts happening, need to quit and re-launch BTT.

Also, seems to affect animation in dock: With zoom on, when the mouse moves to the dock, the first icon that is hovered over zooms in, but if you move the mouse to any other area on the dock, nothing happens (not transition of zoom animation).

Have not found a way to replicate.

Mac Studio: M1 Ultra (Base 64gb RAM, 1TB SSD)
MacOS: 12.3.1
BTT: 3.756

Note: Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac:
  • macOS version:
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Anyone experience similar problem.

Still happening, and I was able to confirm that it is happening on an i5 Macbook pro as well (so not solely an Apple silicon issue).

Help. I need somebody.
Help...
Not just anybody...

does your BTT have the screen recording permission in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy?

Hello Andreas,

Yes, it does.

it sounds like some mouse-down event gets stuck without a mouse up happening. Maybe you have some action that triggers a mouse down but not a mouse up event?

What would that be like?
As far as I know, I am using all default settings.