Window resizing and multiple monitors, how does BTT handle this?

Greetings!

I'm new to BTT with a touchbar mac. I'm wanting to replace my other window management apps with BTT. But I often am using multiple monitors in different environments.

I've previously been using divvy, which, if I repeat a keystroke to resize a window, it will move the window to the next screen with the same resizing percentages.

Is this something that is possible with BTT? Right now, I'm not seeing how to achieve that functionality with.

Have you tried Move Window to the next monitor action? In my case, I've set it up to work on FN + arrow UP / arrow DOWN, and attached additional action to just go into fullscreen mode ( i mean, fill the remaining space, not go into the native fullscreen mode) in my setup. But you could attach any other additional action and resize the window as much as you want, I suppose...

Here's a JSON of my Trigger:

{
  "BTTGestureNotes" : "Move to next monitor",
  "BTTTriggerClass" : "BTTTriggerTypeKeyboardShortcut",
  "BTTPredefinedActionType" : 47,
  "BTTPredefinedActionName" : "Move Window to Next Monitor",
  "BTTAdditionalConfiguration" : "8388608",
  "BTTEnabled2" : 1,
  "BTTUUID" : "0626528B-A6DB-4AA5-A35C-6DBB8AFA65AA",
  "BTTEnabled" : 1,
  "BTTShortcutKeyCode" : 116,
  "BTTShortcutModifierKeys" : 8388608,
  "BTTOrder" : 26,
  "BTTAdditionalActions" : [
    {
      "BTTTriggerType" : -1,
      "BTTPredefinedActionType" : 129,
      "BTTPredefinedActionName" : "Delay Next Action",
      "BTTDelayNextActionBy" : "0.108415",
      "BTTUUID" : "BB5939D5-9E1E-43E8-B8A3-F2676F5AA12F",
      "BTTShortcutKeyCode" : -1,
      "BTTShortcutModifierKeys" : -1,
      "BTTOrder" : 0,
      "BTTIconData" : "",
      "BTTAlternateIconData" : ""
    },
    {
      "BTTTriggerType" : -1,
      "BTTPredefinedActionType" : -1,
      "BTTPredefinedActionName" : "No Action",
      "BTTShortcutToSend" : "58,55,3",
      "BTTUUID" : "73A6D6B8-06A3-4C8A-A6CA-BD89DCEEE7F9",
      "BTTShortcutKeyCode" : -1,
      "BTTShortcutModifierKeys" : -1,
      "BTTOrder" : 1,
    }
  ],
}```

The custom move/resize action is a bit complicated to set up but I think it can do something like this.

For example this setup would move&resize a window to the top left of the monitor left from the monitor the window is on. Repeating the shortcut will circle move the window between monitors.

Thanks for the reply. I'll experiment with this tomorrow when I can get to an external display. But, if I'm understanding what you've shared. This would start by moving the window to the left display with the set positioning? Or, would this start with the monitor that the window was currently on?

No idea from the backend side of things, but, if there was a way to cycle, starting with the current, through the screen arrangement according to system display preferences, that would be rad. Divvy handles this rather simplistically:

I suppose I can just use BTT to call a Divvy global shortcut, but I'd love to put all my eggs into the BTT basket :smiley: