Window Moving only works on one display, not dual displays

Describe the bug
I hold shift+ctrl to move windows under the mouse cursor. I have a Macbook Pro M1 Pro laptop and an external LG monitor.

Dual displays:
Window moving only works when mouse is on the main display, ie the laptop. I can trigger with shift+crtl, move a window on the laptop screen, AND drag it to the external monitor and continue moving it.

Window moving is NOT TRIGGERED on the external monitor at all. BUT when I hold shift+ctrl, the window snap overlay appears.

Holding shift+ctrl, I can move the mouse cursor to a window snap area (the window beneath the mouse cursor won't move) and the focused window will move and resize to the snap area.

Single/laptop display:
Window moving does not trigger/work when I'm using just the laptop and no external display.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.): Mouse, trackpad.

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro M1 Pro
  • macOS version: 12.6.3 (21G419)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 4.051 (2270)

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Bump.

Unfortunately I have no idea. Many users (including myself) have been using this feature constantly for years on multi-monitor systems. It's definitely not a general issue and I have never gotten any problems reports similar to this :-/

Maybe some other window or mouse or keyboard related app that conflicts with BTT? Or can you think of any settings you might have changed recently?
I remember a similar issue from many years ago where some other app placed a big invisible window in front of everything else, so BTT couldn't get the correct window anymore. But I don't remember what that app was doing.

Archive.zip (277.2 KB)

Hi @Andreas_Hegenberg I attached diagnostic zip for you, if you can help take a look.

This has never happened before either. I will continue to troubleshoot.

Unfortunately I can't think of any logs that would be helpful here, but I'll check whether I can see anything suspicious

One thing maybe:
You have set the window moving to use the "focused window". Maybe the window on your external monitor is not focused?

You can change it to use the window under the mouse cursor here:

Hi @Andreas_Hegenberg thank you very much for your suggestion, it wasn't the problem unfortunately.

I was about to un/reinstall BTT so I exported my triggers and settings. Then I noticed BTT's help menu has "Restore settings from backup" so I had a look. I tried restoring a few backups and THIS ONE fixed my Window Moving:

Is there a way to compare and troubleshoot? I had a look at my BTT configuration but I don't see anything different.

Also, what is the difference between "Restore settings from backup" vs Preset's option to import previously exported triggers and settings?