Why is BTT turning off when macbook goes to sleep?

After waking up my macbook from sleep sometimes BTT is turned off (especially after the sleep time was little longer).

If I turn on "Launch BTT on startup" option - waking up my macbook from sleep is sometimes very, very slow.

I have "Restart BTT after wake from sleep" option disabled.

What can I do?

Macbook Air M1 16GB
macOS version: 13.2.1
BTT Version: 4.062

I'm not sure what's actually causing this issue, but have you tried just enabling "Restart BTT after wake from sleep"?

Is there some reason you don't want to do that? I believe it was implemented specifically as a stopgap for strange scenarios such as yours.

I think part of my problem is the fact that BTT is restarting itself after wake up from sleep even when I have this option disabled. And this seems to be the reason for slow wake up

By "slow wake up", you mean that your Mac's screen stays black for much longer than expected before waking up? And this doesn't happen when you quit BetterTouchTool?

Separately:

AFAIK "Launch BTT on startup" should only affect a fresh boot, and have no effect on sleep/wake.

After waking up the mac, BTT is sometimes like "frozen", for whatever reason. What helps me is to switch the app with ⌘tab and then switch back to the previous app with ⌘tab again.

By "slow wake up", you mean that your Mac's screen stays black for much longer than expected before waking up?

No, UI is showing up, just doing anything feels terribly slow, sometimes everything just freezes.

And this doesn't happen when you quit BetterTouchTool?

yes

AFAIK "Launch BTT on startup" should only affect a fresh boot, and have no effect on sleep/wake

in my case BTT sometimes turns itself off when my macbook is asleep and when this option is on - it launches after wake up, if this option is turned off - i have to turn it on manually

What helps me is to switch the app with ⌘tab and then switch back to the previous app with ⌘tab again.

In my case if "Launch BTT on startup" is turned off I have to launch BTT manually