When using Universal Control on 12.3, gestures on iPad will activate macOS BTT gestures

When connecting to an iPad using Universal Control (new in iOS 15.4), when I do 3 finger swipes to control the iPadOS UI, the same gestures are done on my MacBook by BetterTouchTool, despite my cursor being off the screen and controlling the iPad. BTT sees the gestures happening on my trackpad and just assumes I want them done on my Mac (or it likely cannot detect Universal Control).

MacBook Touchpad, iPad Pro

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 14" 2021
  • macOS version: 12.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.741

I have exactly the same issue. Sometimes it works correctly, but after a while I can see another cursor on the edge of my MacBook (when the main one is still e.g. in the centre of iPad). It activates gestures on both iPad and the laptop simultaneously then.

I have a similar issue when using Universal Control across Macbook Pro's. I have BTT installed on both devices but when I execute a command on the computer that isn't connected directly to the keyboard and trackpad it activates the action in the other computer. Not sure if there is a way to detect which machine it is on, but it would be ideal if it could just activate on the active machine. I am so used to having BTT on any machine I am on that I forget how difficult it is to get around without it.

This is a true pain in the ass and an ultimate fun killer

Unfortunately no way to fix this from BTT side as Apple doesn't provide any API for Universal Control as far as I know. If you find any app that can handle this better that would be very interesting for me to look at.

What kind of mouse/cursor info does BTT get when Universal Control is active and the cursor is on the iPad? I wonder if you can distinguish it from the mouse/cursor info BTT gets when the cursor is on a secondary monitor?