"Variable Value Did Change" is no longer triggering. Verified that value did change / running trigger manually works.

It seems that my "variable changed" triggers are no longer activating. I have multiple shortcuts which update a variable named "desktop," and I have a "variable changed" trigger which should switch me to the desired desktop via a series of conditionals. I'm unsure why this has suddenly stopped working. It's been working fine for weeks.

I've confirmed that the "desktop" value is being changed by viewing the "other current state" panel on the "configure condition" page. And I can assign a value such as 4 to the variable, then manually run the trigger, and find the logic works as intended and I'm brought to the desired desktop. It appears the broken link is this trigger being activated by the variable change.

Affected input device: Automation & Named & Other Triggers

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Apple M1 Pro 2021 16"
  • macOS version: 14.2.1 (23C71)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 4.365

ah it’s possible I accidentally broke this. Will fix tomorrow!

1 Like

Hey @Andreas_Hegenberg, so the trigger is now working when I use "Assign/Set Value for a Variable," but the trigger isn't working when that variable is updated via "Increase Variable Value by X"

ah true, I‘ll fix that as well

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate the non-stop effort you're putting into this.

Good Evening @Andreas_Hegenberg. This still appears broken on 4.664. Did you ever get a chance to fix the increment variable by "x" trigger?

the fix should be included in the new alpha 4.665 alpha! (uploading now)

1 Like