πŸ†• [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

@yuuiko hei man! How are you? I'll try to stop you in time, before the new release ahah ... I updated my MacBook Pro today to Catalina and the player button in the control strip doesn't appear in any app!

Have you notice this bug on your side? (I've even updated btt with latest alpha release but nothing changes)

Just about to post!
I've fixed the play button to be more robust and handle the fact that iTunes doesn't exist. Hopefully it doesn't disappear as i'm coding blind here.

Catalina support might not come soon as I'm quite busy and I can't really afford any hiccups that happen with catalina at the moment.

oof,
Checking again, I seem to have forgotten to update the buttons with the quickstrip open! nice save.

(aah i always get nervous with updates, I hope nothing goes wrong!)

Focused on performance and efficiency, This update greatly reduces CPU usage compared to v3.5.2. Some refinements to existing features have also been added, along with a few new app layouts and tools.

Download

Download at the AQT Downloads Page βž”

Changelog

Performance Optimisations
*for most apps.
New Features
Quality Improvements
Bug Fixes

1 Like

hi @yuuiko thanks for aqua touch! I would just like to report that the button for muting the microphone on Zoom is not working

1 Like

Update is working absolutely beautifully. I'm very happy and thankful for youtube working and the media control group showing all now playing items. This preset is so amazing it deserves 6 stars.

1 Like

Inside of the group Connectivity Actions Beats Battery is not functioning for me.

@Pietro_Coelho

The microphone mute button controls the system microphone sensitivity and sets it to 0 as opposed to targeting zoom’s microphone mute function. Could you double check if the icon is changing from a white microphone to a grey crossed-out microphone, and also check if the microphone sensitivity changes in system preferences β†’ sound?

Either way, I may rethink the way it works and target zoom instead, but do check if it is indeed controlling the system microphone sensitivity as designed.

@rockstar4ever2
Unfortunately I’m unable to debug this issue as I don’t own beats myself. I’ll take a look sometime soon though, and a little more information would be very helpful. The best would be a video showing how it acts when idle, connecting, connected and disconnecting.
Otherwise screenshots would suffice (βŒ˜β‡§6 to screenshot the touchbar)

I don't know how much this will help. built in screen recording didn't capture the touch bar

I went through and tried to fix the compatibility issues with Catalina. While I was at it, I refactored the QuickGroups to use the correct names everywhere.

https://share.folivora.ai/sharedPreset/321eaa8b-0d69-4707-83bd-3b1fd40e151e

My Solution for the play-button was to change any references to iTunes in the AppleScripts to 'Music', which replaced iTunes. I assume that the scripting interface has remained the same, but I haven't tested it, since I don't use AppleMusic.

Really happy with this update, btw!

1 Like

hm yeah...

May I contact you sometime soon, maybe in two months to solve this issue?
(probably through forum PM)

This one needs a little discussion to be fixed and debugged, but I’m way to busy now to do it. That okay?

eeek you probably saw my lazy code!

Really appreciate that help though, I’ll look into that preset sometime soon and probably merge it in

What exactly did you change for Catalina support? I recall removing the iTunes check for quickstrip buttons in the last update

I'm really happy to help, you can contact me anytime!
I'll try to commit the script files I changed in a fork I made of your GitHub Repo. Then I can make a pull-request so you can easily merge them in.

wow complicated, still trying to get my head around how git works :wink:

Calendar widget broken in Catalina due to issues with icalBuddy.

icalBuddy  eventsNow
2019-10-10 10:25:09.345 icalBuddy[72453:3664600] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'NSConcreteMutableAttributedString addAttribute:value:range:: nil value'
*** First throw call stack:
(
	0   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff2df06d63 __exceptionPreprocess + 250
	1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x00007fff63df5bd4 objc_exception_throw + 48
	2   Foundation                          0x00007fff305641a4 +[NSPointerArray pointerArrayWithOptions:] + 0
	3   icalBuddy                           0x0000000108c0d016 getEventPropStr + 949
	4   icalBuddy                           0x0000000108c0d305 printCalEvent + 452
	5   icalBuddy                           0x0000000108c05b8b main + 1761
	6   libdyld.dylib                       0x00007fff65154405 start + 1
	7   ???                                 0x0000000000000002 0x0 + 2
)
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
Abort trap: 6

Thanks for the report,
(eek i don’t understand the logs though)

did iCalBuddy throw any Ui errors?

Unfortunately i’m not able to upgrade to catalina/work on AQT as i’m focusing on other important things

I'll provide a fixed iCalBuddy version soon, maybe later today.

1 Like

Thank you Sir! Looking forward to getting iCalBuddy up and running in my GeekTool applet!

sorry it’s a bit delayed, I think I’ll be able to upload it tomorrow.

Thank you so much for AquaTouch! Loving it so far.

As an annoying American: In the Calendar view, is there any way to make the date read mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy? Thank you!

Ah glad I was so slow, the author of the 64bit iCalBuddy version has just uploaded a new Catalina build that fixes various issues: