🆕 [v3.6.9] AquaTouch – The Powerful Touch Bar Redesign.

How can I make it so aquatouch\BTT is disabled when holding control?

you can quickly tap the fn key to toggle between AQT and macOS bars, I don’t know a way of using a control hold to do this yet and I imagine it to be a complex feature to add.

Coming Soon: Preview Full Set

So proud of this one!
It switches its controls based on weather the document is an image or a document, live! It even has auto-group swappers that keep each tab open but switches the controls when you switch from an image to a document. I am celebrating inside.

While an Image is Open:

While a Document is Open:

Aah! I should add page layout view to documents view and for the image mode, zoom to actual size and rotations!! wheee

1 Like

Thanks yuuiko for this amazing asset!
There's a major problem with OneNote. Your Touch Bar preset in OneNote increases the CPU temperature ridiculously high. Through almost 6 hours of trial and error I've realized that it was the preset. The temperature would go up to 80 degrees from average 45 degrees and I had to completely remove the OneNote preset from BetterTouchTool to fix the problem. I don't know why it's behaving like that, but if there are other applications that the preset might cause the same issue, I would have to stop using AquaTouch.
Again, I love your preset a lot! Just take a look when you have time. Thanks!

Yes, I'm aware of the issue. My main focus for updates right now is optimisations, and I've found a few spots that could be optimised. Check out my github issues to follow more closley!

Hi!
First of all, I love your design.
But now, I have... problem? I want to see Aqua all the time, not only in supported apps. What I mean is, I want to see this:

and not this:

Is there any way? Maybe I'm stupid and don't see something :smiley:

EDIT: In other words - I don't want to autohide a bar :smiley:

Hi @raNn!
Glad you like AQT.

Do note that any changes made to the AQT preset itself will be reset after an AQT update, so the stuff below will need to be re-done if you do update. I have no way of knowing about user changes so I can't code to consider it.

When an unsupported app is active, this AQT group is shown (Green box):

To prevent it from auto-hiding, change the thing in the yellow box to:

AQT should no longer close for unsupported apps.

You can then copy-paste or add your own whatevers to the group (in the triggers and actions column). In the screenshot you can see the long bar and gesture instructions you'd see in the TouchBar when an app is unsupported. You can remove those and add in some calendar widgets or whatever you please by pressing the + buttons in this column (second from the left). If you need any help setting something up in there then let me know!

Note: Some supported apps will still auto-close if they are set up as an extension set, e.g. pages and calculator. Do the same yellow box thing if you find any app you don't want to auto-close.

1 Like

Ok, that's something :smiley:
Thanks!

Just now I found another bug (?) (or again, I don't know what im doing).
If I play youtube video and turn on YT widget I see this:

Theres no play/pause button and (what I think looking in settings should be) duration bar is always in this position.
Anyway, still love your job and that you look after us :wink:

@raNn:

Youtube widget needs to be setup to work:

I've made a setup wizard already ready for the next release to make it easier for people to set it up.

Hi! I've recently installed the AquaTouch preset and I'm definitely loving the attention-to-detail and care you've put into this project. Wanted to say thanks for putting this out there!

One of the issues I've just bumped into is the QuickPlay button of the QuickStrip disappearing occasionally. I've followed some steps from an earlier reply back in August and that seemed to have fixed it for now. In case this arises again, I just wanted to ask if there's a fix coming in a later version?

Another question I have is battery life impact: would you happen to know how much this may affect battery when running?

Thanks!

1 Like

Performance and stability optimisations is the main focus for the next update. I think I fixed the play button disappearing, someone else had that issue too.

Unsure when I can get it out as my life is pretty busy right now but you can follow / star my github page for detailed progress updates :wink:

Awesome, thanks so much for the update! Will definitely check out the github page. Best of luck with everything else going on!

1 Like

Been using AquaTouch for a while and love it. I have some questions that I will ask later about some customization issues I have run into. But I do have one issue that I am not sure how to resolve.

When watching YouTube via Safari, I am not able to use the 2 finger swipe for volume or 3 finger swipe for brightness. I also can't get it to display the quick launch controls when in safari and YouTube.

Anyone else notice this and is there a workaround?

Thanks.

Not seeing the gestures issue, as far as I've checked. Maybe something fixed itself on my copy of AQT which is 3.5.2, but so far no issues.
Try starting the gesturs away from the progress slider maybe.

As for the QuickStrip on Safari Widgets, just tap the play icon next to the web widget label and you should be able to switch to quickapps from there.

I've had quite some conflict about how to represent an open widget as they require a lot of width to be functional and labels take up a lot of space, so far I've merged them into the QuickStrip and don't see a way I could do it better.

@vex, if you're still having the play button issue, try disabling CS highlighting in the AQT settings. Should be a workaround for now but the buttons won't colourise on activity, i think...

I am an absolute newbie at this and I can't seem to get my AirPods to connect, I've checked double checked the name that it asks me to input and it's correct. What could the issue be?

we've had problems with apostrophes, as there's two different types.

Try rename your airpods so it doesn't have an apostrophe (') or copy-paste the name into the widget setup instead.

yup it's the apostrophe haha, Sorry I missed that if you mentioned it earlier. Thank you
\

2 Likes

AQT 3.5.3 seems pretty done for me, will test for another day and then hopefully release.

Contains mostly performance and quality optimisations. Not much new features, but this update GREATLY decreases AQT's CPU usage. Again, Github if you want to have a peek and maybe get it early if you can find it :wink:

1 Like