Using Logitech MX Master 3 thumb wheel for custom actions

Hi,

I'd like to set my thumb wheel to work differently whether I have a modifier key pressed or not. I followed the following approach:

• Set the wheel to generate keyboard key presses (say ctrl-alt-ù and ctrl-alt-shift-ù for up and down scroll, respectively), in Logi Options
  • Created a keyboard shortcut that triggers on ctrl-alt-A in BTT, and set its advanced conditions to only activate if the left command key (#55) is pressed.

The keyboard is natively a macOS Italian layout, and the "ù" key prints \ when switching to macOS's "English" layout (the one they abbreviate with "ABC").

However, nothing happens with this setup. I guess the key presses generated by Logi Options are not seen by BTT (they're not seen by Karabiner-EventViewer, either, for that matter).

When I disable BTT and just use the wheel in the browser, a ° (symbol for 'degrees') is printed in the URL bar. This is not expected, as that symbol is printed using shift-à, but it also happens if I physically press those keys; however, when I switch to an ASCII layout, nothing is printed.

Is there a workaround for this? Thanks!

I have the same problem with my Logi MX Ergo.