USB Device Constantly Disconnecting!?

After I leave my MacBook pro open overnight, I always receive "USB Device Constantly Disconnecting" notification from BBT in the morning.

Any idea how to solve this?

Mac model: Macbook Pro 2018 touchbar
BBT version 3.02 (1159)

Thanks,

Stephen

maybe you are turning off the external monitor that powers some of the connected devices or something like this? (this can happen if usb devices do not get enough power)

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that could be the reason. I connect my Mac with Dell U2415. My monitor also connects with my iPhone and webcam. Both Dell monitor and Macbook has energy saving features.

Any suggestion to solve this problem? Thanks.

Mhm it might be the iPhone or webcam then. You probably shouldn't leave them plugged in or use some powered usb hub otherwise they seem to constantly disconnect & reconnect which can cause all kind of issues on macOS.

If you want to ignore this, you can use this terminal command to disable the warning message:

defaults write com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool BTTDontShowConnectWarning YES
(requires the latest BTT alpha)

Yeah, same problem for me, very annoying! Older version of BTT never had this problem.

It's not a problem of BTT, it's just a notice that something is wrong with your USB devices. (which can cause all kind of issues with BTT) If you don't want to be notified about that, run this command while BTT is quit.

defaults write com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool BTTDontShowConnectWarning YES

@Andreas, is there a way to find out which USB device is disconnecting?

Thanks!