Unable to quit Spotify using vas3k preset

Hi, I am unable to quite spotify when using the vas3k preset. The only way around it is to force quit the app.
Anyone found a solution?

I would actually really like to know how to do this for any given AppleScript widget, it seems to be a constant issue and I haven't found a way around it yet.

I can't find where I found the solution (or remember if it actually had to do with Spotify) but you can either run the script from a compiled .scpt file or format it as:

run script "if application \"Spotify\" is running then
    tell application \"Spotify\"
        if player state is playing then
            return (get artist of current track) & \" - \" &  (get name of current track) & \" (\" &  (get album of current track) & \")\"
        else
            return \"Nothing Playing\"
        end if
    end tell
end if"

To be honest, I'm still not sure why this works, as the person who posted it suggested it has something to do with the script having to load the application to compile, but my guess is it actually has something to do with scripting Spotify while it's quitting causing it to launch again (hence force quit working?).

Edit: Didn't realize this was a month old thread.

hey!

Is it that the app keeps restarting or that it just won't quit?

If it keeps restarting, i found that putting a "try" before the "if app ... is running" will make so that it won't restart the app