Unable to Get Pinch to Zoom Working on Magic Mouse

Describe the bug
Hi all! Just started using my Magic Mouse again and updated Better Touch Tool & bought the Lifetime License. All of my old gestures are working (except for Dashboard related ones, obviously), but I can't get either of the pinch to zoom gestures to work. I'm pretty sure they used to. I tried playing around with the pinch sensitivity and requiring a key to trigger but nothing helped. It works on the trackpad with the native gestures. I tried in Photos and Preview. Thanks!

**Affected input device: Magic Mouse

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 15" Late 2016
  • macOS version: 10.15.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.370

BTT does not support zooming via the magic mouse currently because I don’t know of any good way to create zoom events. (however this has never been supported)

I haven't added any gestures. Did these pinch to zoom ones never work? It's been a few years but I swear it used to work.

ah true, a few years ago I had some experimental zoom in/out actions but these stopped working many macOS versions ago ;-(

That would be a fantastic addition! Given the fact that 2 finger pinches are recognized very precisely in the BTT settings under 'Live View', I am sure this would feel great. Too bad, that it currently isn't possible to implement that. May I ask why it isn't possible to somehow simulate 2 finger pinch on the trackpad?

3 Likes

If you can find a way to make it work, it would be fantastic to have zoom via magic mouse.

2 Likes

I too would be really interested in this. It's too bad it sounds so tough to implement, as it's such a natural thing to be able to do with the touch-sensitive service on the Magic Mouse 2. I'm constantly pinching on it when editing photos for example, only to have nothing happen, groan, and then reach over to the touchpad on the Macbook.

1 Like

Please develop this function :pray:t2:

2 Likes

I love how BTT literally puts the MM usability to another level, but lack of this crucial feature is very frustrating, especially considering the fact that it really USED TO BE THERE back in the day - just check the screenshot!

Andreas please return the pinch to zoom to BTT!!

Would love this feature too

I just came here to find out whether this was possible. I'm in Final Cut Pro often and I'd love to be able to simulate a pinch to zoom from the MM.

Update: I made Option + scroll up/down zoom in/out and that works ok. Reckon I can add in a way of making it keep sending the command as I keep scrolling? It's a bit of a hack but it works.

Hey, I tried something and I think it works... if interested contact ASAP

Hi @Andreas_Hegenberg @Kaushal_79 what did you do to make it work???

what did you do???

hello , can you show with screenshot how to setup . thank you so much