Unable to Get Pinch to Zoom Working on Magic Mouse

Describe the bug
Hi all! Just started using my Magic Mouse again and updated Better Touch Tool & bought the Lifetime License. All of my old gestures are working (except for Dashboard related ones, obviously), but I can't get either of the pinch to zoom gestures to work. I'm pretty sure they used to. I tried playing around with the pinch sensitivity and requiring a key to trigger but nothing helped. It works on the trackpad with the native gestures. I tried in Photos and Preview. Thanks!

**Affected input device: Magic Mouse

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 15" Late 2016
  • macOS version: 10.15.4
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.370

BTT does not support zooming via the magic mouse currently because I don’t know of any good way to create zoom events. (however this has never been supported)

I haven't added any gestures. Did these pinch to zoom ones never work? It's been a few years but I swear it used to work.

ah true, a few years ago I had some experimental zoom in/out actions but these stopped working many macOS versions ago ;-(

That would be a fantastic addition! Given the fact that 2 finger pinches are recognized very precisely in the BTT settings under 'Live View', I am sure this would feel great. Too bad, that it currently isn't possible to implement that. May I ask why it isn't possible to somehow simulate 2 finger pinch on the trackpad?

Imprint | Privacy Policy