UI freeze, when using Magic Trackpad

Describe the bug
At random times during cursor movement (I have several trackpad gestures configured in BetterTouchTool for a specific app) using trackpad the cursor and keyboard input freezes. When the freeze stops it continues to work as normal. The more trackpad is used the more often freezes happens. Exiting BetterTouchTool helps. Switching the apps also might trigger freeze. It looks like attempt to analyze trackpad movements creates huge CPU load for a moment and that looks like a freeze. Wasn't happening before and I haven't upgraded BetterTouchTool. Looks like it's a compatibility issue with 10.13.5. Happens instantly on BetterTouchTool 2.530 version, when trial window opens.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Trackpad (external Magic TrackPad connected over Bluetooth).

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Mid 2012 MacBook Pro Retina
  • macOS version: 10.13.5
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.425 (free), 2.530 (on trial)

I have the latest free version of BetterTouchTool installed.

If you can somehow reproduce it, it would be great if you'd run this terminal command just before the freeze:

sample BetterTouchTool -file ~/Desktop/BetterTouchToolSample.txt

It will output a file on your desktop, this could help me figure out why it's doing that on your system (unfortunately I haven't experienced this myself yet).

Here you go:

Archive.zip (45.3 KB)

In 1st file it's happening all the time. In 2nd file it started to happen in the middle of the file.

Hope that helps.

Please try to run this terminal command: (run while BTT is quit completely)

defaults write com.hegenberg.BetterTouchTool BTTDisableSecureInputLookup YES

I think it should fix the issue for now (however this command will only work with >= 2.530 ). It looks like this is the same issue as here: macOS 10.13.4 Freezing with BetterTouchTool Usage

Thus I'm closing this topic.