Triggers not recognized when connecting to laptop using Jump Desktop

Using Jump Desktop to connect to a MacBook Pro running Catalina. Remote machine also MBP with Catalina. My BTT trackpad and keyboard shortcuts work fine on the host machine but not getting triggered by the remote machine. I know this is not a lot of detail but grateful for any suggestions on how to start troubleshooting. Amazing how much I miss those BTT shortcuts!

Thanks!

1 Like

I am also running into this same issue on when using Jump Desktop to control BTT. None of my inputs are being read. Has anyone figured out any work arounds?

Add me to the list too. I have Better Touch tool on both devices and I believe the issue is that somehow the source computer's BetterTouchTool not being able to get the key sequence through.

• I have F3 on both computers mapped to show/hide the Obsidian application
  • On the source computer -- an iMac Pro -- it has two rules for F3:
    1. F3 when _focused window_title does NOT contain "Zap" (the name of my Laptop)
    2. F3 in the opposition condition; this means that when I'm actively on a remote Zap window I would expect that the source computer would simply send along the F3 keystroke and let the remote computer's rule for F3 be applied.
  • In order to better monitor this, I have turned on a HUD display for both conditions and I do see that the HUD is indeed bringing up the appropriate dialog for each condition
  • On my laptop -- (aka, Zap) -- when I am directly at the keyboard the F3 shortcut I've arranged works fine; however it would appear that it never gets an F3 with my current config.

I have tried non-Fn keys and that seems to have no effect. I tried mouse events. I tried App overrides instead of the advanced events I mentioned. It would appear that the events are sent directly to the active window on the remote system and therefore the BetterTouchTool is not able to intercept.

Sorry, BTT can not work with events generated (programatically) at a too high level - it just doesn't see them.
Currently there is no way to workaround this.

I can try adding an option to switch to a different level of event listening - but this has several disadvantages.