Describe the bug
Recently I discovered the triggers and that I can monitor BLE devices being close or not and decided to finally add the option to lock my computer when I move away with my watch.
The trigger works flawlessly - BLE device moves away with custom Trigger Distance that seems to work fine in my experiments.
Lock Screen action too works fine, until you randomly notice the external screen going on and off at seemingly random times.
After some experimenting and remembering that I actually added that trigger and action, what seems to happen is:
- I move away with my watch and leave it in the other room to charge
- I see the computer lock and the display goes off after a specified amount of time
- I randomly walk throughout the house or sit in a position where the signal from my watch fluctuates around the trigger
- The screen turns on to the Lock Screen
What would be better would be to have BTT check if the screen is already locked and try to not run the action again, to avoid this display on/off loop.
Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Named & Other Triggers
- Type of Mac: MBP M1 (2020)
- macOS version: 12.0.1 (21A559)
- BetterTouchTool version: 3.621 (1770)
Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
Not sure if applicable. Will dig around for logs if needed.