trigger_action no longer works at all - via Applescript or JXA

Describe the bug
I took up the Black Friday discount offer and updated BTT for the first time in over a year (previously using v3.505(1643). However, since updating none of the triggers I had that contain a BTT scripting "trigger_action {JSON description}" work. For example, the relatively simple:

tell application "BetterTouchTool" to trigger_action "{"BTTPredefinedActionType":263}"

which used to bring up the screen recording options now just does nothing. I've also tried other predefined action types, adjusting them to JXA syntax as shown in the docs, and calling both the Applescript and JXA versions from Script Editor. But nothing seems to happen with any of them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I had made extensive use of the ability to send keyboard shortcuts (using BTTPredefinedActionType -1 with the appropriate key combo specified in BTTShortcutToSend) in order to provide conditional access to different shortcuts. As a result I'm left with many actions which now just don't work.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Applescript/JXA called via any app or input device

Device information:

• Type of Mac: mac mini (2018)
  • macOS version: 10.14.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.625 (1777)

Ahh you are right, I broke the trigger_action in the version I uploaded today. I'll upload a fixed version in 10 minutes!

It should now be fixed in 3.626!

Awesome stuff, just downloaded it and all working now. Thank you :+1:

1 Like