Triangle Swipe?

I've been adding trackpad gestures and came across the "Triangle Swipe XXX XXX Corner" set, but for the life of me I can't make it work. I made a simple one that just gives haptic feedback when I triangle swipe the top left corner, but somehow I can't create that swipe.

I found this post, but the images demonstrating the swipe are gone. How, exactly, does one do a triangle swipe?

See here:

Source: https://medium.com/@arpitpalod/i-am-so-in-love-with-my-mac-trackpad-c3bbcecef41d

1 Like

Thanks @crabman. Unfortunately that's not working for me, so I'm not sure if there's a local config I need to update or something else.

This is what I have configured:

It's a quick test to see if it works, but when I triangle swipe the top left corner, it does nothing...

I recreated your config and it works. It doesnt work all the time (its pretty difficult to get it right on first try). I got the best results by starting at the left top corner, moving my finger slowly to the center of the touchpad and then to the left center edge.

Make sure you're using the latest update (I'm on alpha 3.144) and selected 'use on all touchpads' in the Advanced tab.

1 Like

Ah hah!

I got the best results by starting at the left top corner, moving my finger slowly to the center of the touchpad and then to the left center edge.

I was swiping just in the top corner: from the corner then about 2 cm down and right, then to the left. Once I swiped to the center and then out it started working.

Thanks!

I should definitely soon work on the gesture how-to-preview-animations that are planned for the new UI :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Andreas_Hegenberg Did you ever add these? I just came across these triangle swipes and would love to see them...

2 Likes

+1 for animations, does this exist?

Any updates on that? It would be such a nice touch