Trackpad delay when scrolling after keyboard backlight fades to black

Describe the bug
So when I am scrolling on any application with my trackpad, it fails to respond to a normal two finger scroll once the keyboard backlight timer goes out and the light fades away. It responds normally with no delay or lag if the keyboard backlight timer has not run out, but once it does there is a slight like half-second delay before the screen or application jumps to a different position because it missed the scroll animation from the start. This also happens with external wireless mice. This is very annoying and I know it is a problem with this application because once I quit it, the problem goes away. Please fix. Thank you and happy holidays!!

Affected input device:
MacBook Trackpad and any wireless mouse

Screenshots
sorry screen shots wouldn't really help with the explanation, I think I explained it enough.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro 15-inch 2017 2.9 GHz 512gb SSD
  • macOS version: 10.13.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.667

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):
Was able to get rid of the problem by quitting BTT, but I don't want to do that as I have configured many efficient shortcuts through your app!! I have already restarted the system many times to no avail.