Trackpad click is disabled until BTT is killed

Describe the bug

Often I will open my laptop and the trackpad will not be able to click on anything. The haptic click doesn't fire no matter how hard I push and tapping doesn't trigger a click.

When I encounter this I look for the BTT process by pulling up a terminal window via the keyboard and ps -ax | grep Better.

When I kill -9 {BTT_PROCESS_NUMBER} the issue is resolved so I'm reasonably sure it is BTT. Upon restarting BTT the issue is gone for a while.

I will attempt to get clearer reproduction steps to trigger it consistently.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.): MacBook Trackpad

Device information:

• Type of Mac: M2 MacBook Pro 14-inch 2023
  • macOS version: 14.2.1 (23C71)
  • BetterTouchTool version: 4.369

I've seen the same thing. Noticed today that it was BTT causing it. It's happened twice in the last two weeks

I typically work with my MacBook closed and in a stand with a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. When I disconnect these and open up the MacBook the trackpad is typically unresponsive until I kill the process.

I have only a small number of items customized in BTT. For the normal mouse I have button 3 and 4 triggers and two triggers for the trackpad. I believe I'm using BTT's window moving and snapping too.