TouchBar: Numpad Keyboard

Hello!
Is there any way to configure the TouchBar to mimic the Numeric Keypad with BetterTouchTool?
It'd be awesome for those of us out there using 3D softwares (Maya, Blender,...) on a laptop.
Thanks!!!

Pyer

Is this not something that is easy to create?
You create 10 buttons name 1 to 0
and associate to each of them the action:
insert/type/paste text.
inserting/sending the associate text value.

Maybe I do not understand exactly what you want to do but following the same idea might fit your need.

Cheers,

Olivier

Hey Oliver!

The trouble is I can't seem to find the proper command that explicitly points at the keyboard numpad of a full blown keyboard... Those softwares, particularly Blender assign different commands at the numbers, those above the letters, from those on the num pad.
Man it's hard to describe :slight_smile:
Does that make sense?

Usually fn+number will produce the numblock equivalent, however I'm not sure whether BTT will "send" that correctly. Could you test that?

However you would definitely need to use the standard shortcut action, not the insert/type/paste text one.

Hi Andreas,

Sorry to bother you with this thing again. It seems like your solution is the correct one but the trouble is I can't really test it because I have a french keyboard. So to configure Fn+Number I actually have to press Fn+Shift+Number which obviously screws up the shortcut recognized by the software. Is there anyway to type in the name of the keys as opposed to actually pressing them?
Dunno if what I'm asking makes sense sorry...

Just came from google I was searching any ways to use numpad colon (,) on my touch bar. I use Blender, so i need it badly :smiley:

Has there been any progress?

is there any solution, for having numpad on Touch Bar? Best solution I found was download the app NumPad on my iPhone so I can use my iPhone as numbad Keyboard. But still I prefer the solution on Touch Bar. Did someone find anything?

Hello,

Actually I found a way to do it.

First, you need a NumPad or the NumPad app for iOS.

Create a new Trigger for the TouchBar with the NumPad connected.

Create a button for TouchBar.

Press the + to Assign an action to the selected trigger,
then choose Send Keyboard Shortcut,
press the NumPad desired number
and you've done :blush:

Hi. i try to find numpad app in app store but too many ‘numpad’ name. pls show me link of numpad app. thank you.

I'm not sure what everyone's looking to use the numpad for, but if you're like me, you want to use it to quickly jump around the views. If that's you, then I put together a set of triggers that you can import into BTT and use to do just that!

A few notes:
– The set is branded for Blender 4, but I verified that everything works the same in Blender 3.
– For "Frame Selected" to work, you'll need to remap the "Numpad ." to just a regular period (".").
– Not sure whether it's a BTT or Blender problem, but the necessary modifier keys seem to stick in the "down" position if the triggers just call a combo keyboard shortcut, so I've added extra individual "down" and "up" actions for the modifier keys to make sure that they un-stick. Your mileage may vary.

I hope some of you find it useful! Cheers!

Blender Triggers-Views.bttpreset (4.5 MB)