Touch Bar Brightness

It is apparent that different people prefer different brightness on screens and keyboards. I suggest that the same would also apply for the touch bar. I believe it would be useful to have the ability to control the brightness of the touch bar under control of the preferences and also be able to apply it programmatically as any other of the touch bar preferences. Also, maybe on a particular function. So, maybe more used functions would show up in the touch bar as brighter.

Thanks

Second this idea. Specifically with adjusting the touchbar brightness itself

I don't think Apple allows for a way to do this, but I wish it could be done.

However, I wouldn't want to have to bother with adjusting the TB brightness individually - it should just keep the same brightness as the keyboard.

I also think this would be a great feature for BTT.

As a workaround, I created a custom Touch Bar configuration with my own buttons for which each has adjusted the colors to be darker. I use this configuration 99% of the time.

It was tedious to set up, but I'm happy with it for now.

What would have made it easier would be to have a global brightness setting for BTTs buttons at least.

There is no system command to control the Touch Bar brightness. It's done with the sensor next to the webcam. So this is not possible.

Are we sure it's not possible? I've also been trying to find a solution for this.. I find the touch bar too bright at times.