Toggle AirPods ANC with touch bar

I may have figured it out...!!! Ill report back.

Working now...

1 Like

yeah, will you include it into your theme

bump...

I don't know anything about the Beats line of headphones. Do they also have ANC built-in?

yup, they do. I should probably try it, I haven't yet :man_facepalming: let me download it and see if it works for them

Give the script a try. You will need to change the MAC address in the script to the address for your device.

I am unable to test as I do not have any Beats headphones

1 Like

Working on it... Testing a few things first (Noticed a bug after looking at my previous screenshot). Fixed alternate ICON for Mode. Working on a few checks for when AirPods are connected or not connected.

I seem to remember the Bluetooth Menu Bar icon had the option of changing Modes (Trans, Noise Cancellation, etc.)
UPDATE: Guess I just forgot where it was (Under VOLUME Menu Bar Item).

Added (For when AirPods are in the case charging).

yeahhh thanks a lot

After working with this on my own MacBook, I dont think this is something I can add to the preset. The requirement for MAC address will cause to much support for a free preset.

Absolutely no one has donated for any of my presets (Even with hundreds, possibly thousands of downloads), so I provide many of my presets in the most basic form with as little end user intervention/configuration as possible. I work days if not weeks on my presets, mainly for personal use.

1 Like

can I have a download link for the preset to test my Beats with it please?

and also where do I get the device address?

understand, where can we support you?

I am not sure how to share the preset for just one item.
All I did was set up an AppleScript widget with the script copied above.

You can find the MAC address for your device by holding the option key when clicking on the Bluetooth menu. The MAC address will be shown when you highlight the device.

1 Like

tested.
nope, doesn't work for my beats. a button for Beats to change from normal to ANC would be nice if you could work out the code? Id be happy to help test.

So far I have to figure out how to toggle the listening mode, only report back which mode is currently active. I am by no means an expert in this stuff. Currently I use Noise Buddy to toggle the mode.

I am continuing to plug away in an attempt to figure this out :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Hey there, it's been a while now but have you figured out how to do this? :slight_smile: I'm looking for a widget that shows me the active listening mode and lets me switch between them..

Hey is there any update? I want a keyboard shortcut to switch between listening modes.

I've just been using AirBuddy which allows you to do that :slight_smile: