The Application "BetterTouchTool" is not open anymore.

Describe the bug
After waling the Mac from sleep, BTT was not visible in the Touch Bar anymore (#sad). Tried to open it up again, got this error message.

True, BTT is not open :man_shrugging:t4:

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
BTT App

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBookPro15,1
  • macOS version: 10.15.6 Beta
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.390

Workaround
Reboot.

that’s a macos bug, the only solution I know is to reboot.

Can e.g. happen if the system completely runs out of memory

32GB :flushed: Ok… :man_shrugging:t4: Thanks anyways!

This has happened on 3.389 (Catalina) already twice in a week for me. Got 16Gb of RAM, never had anything like this with on my prev computer with the same BTT config (had 8Gb).
Definitely not a fun thing to restart because of this, and without BTT running the computer is barely usable for me since I switch between apps almost exclusively with keyboard shortcuts.

memory is not the only thing that can trigger it, could also be low disk space or just some macOS bug ;-(

What kind of actions are you using in BTT?

Literally all of them :slightly_smiling_face: Except for the remotes and midi triggers.
I'll try to track what causes it and post back.

I got the same error message today. Made a completely fresh installation of BTT today as well. After that I importet GoldenChaos preset for the touchbar. For my lunchbreak I've put the Macbook to sleep and when I woke it up again BTT was not running anymore and refused to start with the message mentioned above. The logs showed nothing.