Text not visible in normal "light" mode (find in dark mode)

BTT clipboard manager window shows preview text on left panel for unselected items as grey on grey making it impossible to read. But in Dark mode text appears as white on dark grey making it easily readable.

Working on MacBook pro with multiple screens. Using BTT 3.707 (updated to latest alpha and restarted machine)

Here is screenshot of BTT while macos is in normal (daytime) mode:

Note that the selected item is readable. But the unselected items are not.

And this is screenshot of text in dark mode:

Which version of macOS are you running? (it seems to display fine here on macOS 12.1)

12.0.1. I don't think I have anything too fancy with display settings. I do have highlight color modified to green - that's it AFAIK.

Ok. I modified the "Accent color" under General settings and now text shows up ok in light mode and dark mode. Hmmm. I'll play with that some more and report back.

That's interesting, I'll have a look!

It happens any time I switch to dark mode and then back to light mode. In my tests only manually (I think same occurs when switch is automatic).

here is the test (let me know if a short screen capture vid would help)

1. Quit and Start BTT with mac in light mode. Create shortcut for clipboard manager
  2. Load BTT clipboard mgr. Observe text colors (black text on light grey background -> readable)
  3. Enable dark mode in macos using menubar
  4. Load BTT clipboard mgr. Observe text colors (white text on dark grey background -> readable)
  5. Enable light mode in macos using menubar
  6. Load BTT clipboard mgmr. Observe text colors (light grey text on light grey background -> not readable)
  7. Quit and Start BTT
  8. Re-run #6. Text is now readable again
  9. Repeating transition (Dark mode -> light mode) results in text becoming unreadable again.

I performed this test with both green as Accent color and default graphite as Accent color and both produced same result.

Hopefully this reproduces for others and its not some crazy behavior on my machine.

Very weird, switching between dark and light also seems to work fine here.

I'll have a closer look tomorrow to check whether this is caused by something in BTT! If possible also try to update to macOS 12.1 - Apple has fixed many many bugs in that release.

Just a +1 that this is still an issue for me on BTT 4.0.65 and Ventura 13.2.1. I use "automatic" dark mode switching so it's unreadable every morning when I log in.

Same here; still happens in Sonoma when Dark mode is set to "Auto". When sunrise comes, and macOS changes to Light, the clipboard text in the items disappears.

I have to restart BTT and that fixes it. It seems that, although the clipboard manager changed most of the theme to Light successfully, the font color is still set as it was during the Dark mode; hence it's invisible.

@Andreas_Hegenberg, any chance of looking into it? Thanks.

Still an issue for me also. macOS 14.3.1 (was the same issue on v13) and BTT 4.338.

I've to restart BTT daily because of this issue.

Same issue here. Automatic dark/light mode switching. Same problem with visibility. Restart of BTT helps. M1 Mac, Mac OS 14.4.1, BTT version 4.462. @Andreas_Hegenberg is there a problem with bug reproduction?

Hi, same problem here. MacOS 13.6.6, M1 Macbook Air, and BTT 4.462.

The font is grayed when switching from dark to light mode. Restarting BTT solves the problem.

Should be fixed in 4.474 (currently available as alpha)

1 Like