System Status Icons go black after plugging in second monitor

Describe the bug
The System Status Icons widget on my notch bar change from black background, white icons - to black background, black icons when I plug a second monitor in. The colour remains black even after disconnecting the second display. Toggling the 'Make Whole notch bar Black' does nothing to fix it either.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Notch Bar

Screenshots

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook pro M1 pro
  • macOS version: 13.0
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.914

Additional Info:
I did install an app called forehead to make the whole menubar black... However, it didnt pick up dynamic wallpapers and thus it was never set up. So it shouldnt impact the BTT status icon widget.

If you quit BTT - are the status icons on the standard menubar black or white?

Without the notch bar the icons are black. Maybe the remnants of Forehead or Topnotch (which was previously installed) were hiding the notch bar and making the icons white. Then somehow connecting a second monitor reversed something? Or more likely its the new Ventura wallpaper and previously I may have had a dark one. Though I've used BTT for a few days now on Ventura with white icons in my system icon widget.

Is there a way through BTT to hide the notch/make the actual menubar black? Or perhaps a setting in the Mimic System Status icons widget to choose icon colour?

BTT should automatically invert the icons if it detects black ones (I'm currently not sure whether I just added this in one of the alpha versions or whether it's already in 3.914)

Maybe the desktop background changes when connecting another screen? (light background => black icons, dark background => white icons)

Ah ha! I have discovered what's happening. Basically my main monitor had a dynamic wallpaper set, but my second monitor had no wallpaper set. Somehow whenever I would plug in or remove the second display, it would swap wallpapers with my laptop display. So it was essentially going between the dark and light version of the wallpaper. At least thats what looked like was happening.

The auto-detect feature would be great so I can use dynamic without worrying.

I'm running into a similar problem, even without a second monitor.

The icons on the top-right of the notch bar are not visible, because they're black, on a black background. Two workarounds are to just live in Dark Mode (icons turn white), and to switch on setting "Use desktop background for Notch Bar" in BTT settings.

I'm using non-Alpha version 3.952 of BTT.

It seems that the BTT function to automatically invert the icons is not working. When I click on an icon, I can tell it's there, just it's black.

Screenshot: