Stream Deck Support is Amazing

Really cool! I didn't even know about the stream deck until the update. Now I have one!

1 Like

Oh my god yes!! I re-uppped my license because I loved what you did to extend the use of your amazing tool to Macs without touchbars and I own a Stream Deck ONLY because of this new feature. I picked up the Stream Deck this week, and used the Elgato app first, which is very good on its own, had some nice features, but lacked one feature that I really needed, having the ability to choose which browser opens URL's. The Elgato app also is easier to move icons around, but I found a method that works amazing for me. I t tried the sample preset for the Stream Deck, found it a bit buggy but that is great to learn how to configure on your own.

I had only renewed my license for a year as I did not know how helpful the new non touchbar feature would work for me. It worked great, but man. I def will be keeping my license now with this new feature. Hopefully the developer of AquaTouch will make an update to convert much of the Aquatouch features to be usable for use of the Stream Deck. Looking forward to seeing whats ahead. This is sooooo amazing.

I've been using 15-button Stream Deck for some time, arranging the layout with the native Stream Deck app to automate work in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. I'm intrigued by BTT's long-press function, but it looks like I'd have to give up the nice Stream Deck drag-and-drop tool for arranging buttons, folders, pages, etc.

With BTT, there is no visual button layout tool, right? Do you map it all out on paper and enter coordinates for each button in BTT? And if you move a few buttons around, you then have to update of those coordinates?

How are pages and folders handled? Many of my Stream Deck buttons trigger Keyboard Maestro macros. So it looks like that would confuse things even more with BTT.

Or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Russell

By default the item order on the stream deck follows the item order in BTT. You can drag them around as you like. If a page is full, BTT will add another one. If you want you can specify coordinates, but this is optional.

Triggering Keyboard Maestro from BTT is not a problem, many users do that.

That's great, and thanks for the quick response!

Best,
Russell