Stream Deck Plugin keeps hanging multiple times a day

No hangs yet today. I'll let you know if I notice anything to report.

I'm happy to say it's been over a day without a single hang.

And as a bonus, I notices if I quit BTT, then the button display turns black instead of freezing. This makes me optimistic that even if it starts to hang, I will notice it in real time. But like I said, no hangs yet!

Thanks for your attention and work!

1 Like

sounds promising!

I haven't been able to tell if it's been hanging while the computer is awake, but upon waking from sleep after lunch today, my buttons aren't working again -- they're unresponsive, rather than flashing the yellow triangle or being the BTT icon. The BTTStreamDeck process is still running, and the PID seems FAIRLY low, FWIW (which would SEEM to indicate to me that it hasn't been restarted recently, but that's just an intuition; I don't know how PIDs are assigned when processes restart).

Hitting my manual restart button got my buttons working again (and resulted in a much-higher PID for the BTTStreamDeck process)

Just checking, are the hangs still happening? If so, please go to Help => Export Diagnostic Debug Info and send the result to me via andreas@folivora.ai, the new alpha versions contain more logging

It's been much much better.

I only had one notable hang, and I don't think it was representative. But it had one small interesting point. It was hanging with a black screen, so I went to check BTT. BTT had an alpha update. I installed the update and the button came back to life, without manually re-starting the StreamDeck software. The reason that was interesting to me was that it showed the plug-in wasn't dying in StreamDeck, it just wasn't getting its feed of data. After the last few updates, no hangs of any type for me.

TLDR; It has been reliably not hanging for normal work conditions.....

With the holidays in full swing here, I haven't really been at my desk for about a week :sweat_smile:

When I get back into the office, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it again and will let you know.

Love this! You say it is not elegant but I think it's awesome. Holy shit I love accumulating these QOL scripts. Things just keep getting better and better. There are so many apps I can use this on. BTT and StreamDeck included, of course.

Alright, I'm still seeing my BTT buttons not working with some regularity. I'll need to check for the BTTStreamDeck Process and also grab the debug logs next time it happens. Not sure if this is related or not, but I'm also coming back to the BTT configuration window being open again after waking from sleep pretty frequently.

Alright, it seems to have hung again. BTTRelaunch and BTTStreamDeck are both running. What's the best way to share a log file?

Best via Help => Export Diagnostic Debug Information => andreas@folivora.ai :slight_smile:

1 Like

I seem to be having a similar issue with Shortcut widgets and the plugin method of stream deck use. If I wake from sleep or cut the power and reconnect my stream deck (usb hub with switches) and it loads a profile with one of my BTT widgets, they will be unresponsive.

I find that, in addition to quitting and restarting the stream deck software, switching profiles or pages in a profile and switching back re-enables my buttons.