Stage Manager: Activate Stage by Position. Does not work for browsers

Yes, I used the latest alpha version
Note:
Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

I assgined Command+Num (i.e. Command+1, Command+2, Command+3, etc) for action "Stage Manager: Activate Stage by Position". Option "count from top" is enabled.

This feature works in general (i.e. while in Stage Manager, I can switch to a specific stage in the list of stages) except for browsers, notably Chrome (but Safari stops working too after some time).

• Case 1:
    Condition: 4 stages in total, the browser is at the top, i.e. the first stage (option "count from top" is enabled in BTT)
    Action: Press Command+1
    Expected behavior: switch to the first stage, i.e. to the browser
    Actual behavior: switch to the second stage. I.e. the browser is simply ignored

• Case 2:
    Condition: 3 stages in total, the browser is in the middle (2nd stage)
    Action: Press Command+2
    Expected behavior: switch to the second stage, i.e. to the browser
    Actual behavior: switch to the 3rd stage. I.e. the browser is ignored

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is. Any bug reports that contain insults against me or my software will be deleted without warning (unfortunately this has become necessary to mention here).

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Macbook M1, Sonoma 14.0, Keyboard

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: M1
  • macOS version: Sonoma 14.0
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one"): 4.289

Additional information (e.g. crash logs, related issues, etc.):

Thanks for the great tool!