Split/Tile Window Doesn't Execute

Hello,

I'm trying to switch to BetterTouchTool for trackpad and keyboard control primarily for windows management. I've been trying to get the "Open Native OS X Split View for Windows" to work. The gesture triggers, but nothing is executed. I've tried searching everywhere; apparently there is no systemwide hotkey to split view either.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: Macbook Pro 2019 16
  • macOS version: Catalina 10.15.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.346 (1554)

I'm sorry unfortunatley this only works for older macOS versions, I should remove it from the UI.

However you can get the same on 10.15. by triggering the actions using the predefined action "Trigger Menubar Menu Item" and entering "Window;Tile Window to Left of Screen" (or right). This will trigger the macOS menubar Window => Tile Window...

2 Likes

Thank you for the prompt response! Much appreciated!

I'm having the issue where not every program or app has the "Window" menu item to trigger "Tile window to left/right of screen"

is there another way to trigger this function?

1 Like

I used the "Trigger Menubar menu item" action and it works, thanks.
The problem is that the animation is very slow (takes more than 5 seconds). This doesn't happen when clicking on the menu entry normally. Any ideas?

you are probably using a shift based shortcut, while shift is pressed animations on macOS execute at low speed

1 Like

Yes that was it, thanks a lot!