Sonoma & Pro Tools 2024.3 - Menubar Items No Longer Work

Hi,

I just upgraded to Sonoma now that Pro Tools 2024.3 is released and compatible. Most BTT commands seem to be working, however none of the menubar items are working anymore. Using an apple trackpad and I've got the newest version of sonoma and the newest alpha for BTT. Not sure if this is the new version of PT or if it's a problem with sonoma since I updated them both at the same time. Any idea what can be causing this?

Thanks,

Lou

Note:
Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
A clear and concise description of what the bug is. Any bug reports that contain insults against me or my software will be deleted without warning (unfortunately this has become necessary to mention here).

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac:
  • macOS version:
  • BetterTouchTool version: (please post the exact version - not just "the latest one")

Additional information (e.g. crash logs, related issues, etc.):

Hi,

Any thoughts on this? BTT broke for me a month ago and there's been no reply. Really need to get this sorted.

Thanks,

Lou

Probably Sonoma. Over in the Keyboard Maestro forums we've seen issues selecting menu items since Sonoma launched. (If I recall, Sonoma is returning a fraudulent error code)

What gets around it for me (with KBM) is to rebuild that one action. It's a pain...

1 Like

unfortunately this would need to be addressed in Pro Tools or macOS as far as I can tell.

You could try to workaround it by splitting up the BTT menubar action. E.g. first Trigger Edit; then trigger Edit;Find and finally Edit;Find;Find Next. This approach works for some apps on macOS Sonoma were it doesn't work otherwise.