Some windows do not trigger Snap Areas

Some windows of the same program do not trigger Snap areas when being moved around and therefore cannot be snapped. I use Wavebox (a Chrome-like productivity tool) and only the so-called Mini window can be snapped. The main window and all the daughter windows do not trigger Snap Areas. I restarted both BTT and device, checked 4 times all settings. I don't understand. Maybe Snap Areas only react to certain window classes (IIRC linux has different window classes, so maybe Mac OS has the same) and Wavebox windows have different window classes?
Just throwing ideas around...
Anyway, I can bring this up with Wavebox team as well. Wavebox can be tried for free if you need to reproduce this issue.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
  • macOS version: 10.14.6
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.206

Weird, seems to work fine here. Do you have any wavebox plugins installed?

The only extensions I have installed are Fireshot, Multiforward for Gmail and Floating YouTube, and they have all been installed after I made this report. For the record floating youtube windows do snap.

Notice I am on Wavebox 10.0.54.2 stable, so not the legacy version (5.x or something like that).

Does your BetterTouchTool have the screen recording permission in System Preferences => Security & Privacy => Privacy => Screen Recording? (See https://folivora.ai/blog/post/13011 for why this is necessary for some apps)

I'm not on Catalina so I dont have that option visible

Ah sorry I didn't see that. On 10.14 this is not necessary.

I made some changes in v3.328, would be great if you'd check whether it snaps now.

Whatever you did, it worked!
All Wavebox windows now trigger Snap Areas.

Cheers!

1 Like