[Solved]Mis-trigger notch click event when window snapping

Note:
Before bug reporting, please make sure you have tried the latest (alpha) version of BetterTouchTool and that you have already tried to restart your system :-). If you encounter a crash, please attach a crash log from the macOS Console.app from the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.

Describe the bug
"Window snapping" used to work perfectly with "Notch click". Notch is at the center of the top screen so when snapping window to maximum, it is quite common for cursor to go inside the notch and in previous version it seems for "Notch click" to trigger, it needs click and release both performed inside the notch. However, after updating version 4.212, just release will trigger the action, which leads to many mis-trigger when snapping. I'm guessing one of the change "Big performance improvements, this version should lower CPU usage on most systems (compared to versions <= 4.158)." is the cause of the issue?

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
Genetic mouse, Logitech G502 lightspeed, M1 Pro MacBook Pro 16' trackpad

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem. (You can just paste or drag them here)

Device information:

• Type of Mac: M1 Pro MacBook Pro 16'
  • macOS version: Monterey 12.6.9
  • BetterTouchTool version: Any version after(include) 4.212

Additional information (e.g. crash logs, related issues, etc.):

I wonder how this worked in previous versions, I think it always only checked the mouse position on "mouse up". I have changed that in v4.238 now (get via "check for alpha version updaets", will be available in 10 min), this should fix your issue.

1 Like

Man! Confirmed this fixed the issue!
This is the fastest response I've ever got from all the paid apps I purchased.
Thank you, Andreas:D