Slack window can't be moved

Describe the bug
Slack is a desktop chat application on macOS. The window of the application is "immune" on BetterTouchTools action "Move Window One Space/Desktop Left/Right". I can move all other windows easily from one workspace to another but Slack window can't be moved. I trigger this action using keyboard bindings

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook Pro
  • macOS version: High Sierra 10.13.5
  • BetterTouchTool version: 2.645

could you post a screenshot of the top or top left part of the window? (Not using slack myself)

Sure, here is a screenshot of my desktop

2 Likes

Same problem here.

I'm trying to move the Slack window to the Mission Control right or left space and the window can't be moved. The command works on other windows, but Slack.

This issue existed for a long time for me, btw.

BTT v 2.667
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
MacBook Pro 13" mid 2017.

Same issue for me. Also, the BTT window moving & resizing doesn't work. Slack is the only application I use where I have this issue.

I am also not able to interact with my Slack app via BTT. Very frustrating. I'm trying to move and resize the window.

MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287)
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
Slack Version 4.4.2

Is it just slack or all Electron based apps?

It was just slack (I tested another electron app). However, I just restarted my mac and now the issue is resolved.

Continue to have this issue 3+ years later. Restart Mac nor restart BTT works to clear it up. Occasionally I've been able to move Slack if the pointer is over the menubar but lately haven't been able to move that window whatsoever.

I'm also having this problem with electron apps (element, notion, etc) on MacOS 13.5.2 and BTT 4.206. Here's a workaround I found:

1. Move cursor to 50% width relative to current window, -5px vertically
  2. Left click down
  3. Move desktop left/right
  4. Left click up

@Andreas_Hegenberg perhaps something like this should be part of the default "move left/right" action to ensure it works with more apps?