Single-finger double tap gestures for Magic Mouse and trackpad

Double taps are available for two and three fingers on the Magic Mouse and two/three/four fingers on the trackpad, but not for one finger. Is there a technical reason for this? Otherwise, "single-finger double tap" gestures would be very useful—like the existing "single-finger tap" gestures (right/middle/left for Magic Mouse etc.), just double. ;-]

Other people also seem to be wanting this:

Why is there no reply to this? I too want a single double-tap. I could have sworn there used to be one. I want to use it to "roll up" windows with WindowMizer, ala Windowshade from back in the day.

@Andreas_Hegenberg: Is there a technical reason why we don't have these simple and rather obvious gestures? If not, any chance you could implement them?

Thank you, this is interesting, but my question is about mouse and trackpad, not about the Touch Bar.

oh haha sorryyy

Totally agree with this request. This would be the most usefull feature in BTT. A double right tap to display the app switcher ? Yes !

Hello,

old BTT user here, I had stopped using it a long time ago and now am back to using it (lifetime license) :slight_smile:

Yes, I do want to revive it, pl forgive me if this feature has been added meanwhile—I cannot find it in the UI (but I admit that I may have missed it—it’s a lot to learn).

Anyway, it would be enormously helpful if I could add one-finger double/triple taps left and right.

IF this feature has been added meanwhile, I’d be thankful if any of you would point me to it.

TIA,
Tom in Germany

Hasn't been added. Still seems to me this should be possible, given that all the single-tap gestures for multiple fingers are already there and even having both single- and double-tap at the same time seems to work fine.

I'd still find a single-finger double tap immensely useful, especially for the Magic Mouse where space is limited and a single-finger single tap is often triggered accidentally.

Still no comment @Andreas_Hegenberg? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just purchased BTT, and am hoping for this functionality to be added. Especially a "double tap left" and "double tap right" on the magic mouse, instead of just the single tap options. The single tap is useful but is accidentally activated too easily.

Piling on, yes, one-finger double, triple taps, and all permutations on all devices.
I'm guessing there's a technical issue here, given how extensively @Andreas_Hegenberg has developed gestures for this app and how apparent this gesture is. Still, it's puzzling not to hear anything on this for 4+ years...