Show multiple events in Calendar, Things 3 and Spotify question.

Hi,

First of all, I really like GoldenChaos and use it daily, nice work!

I have a both some questions and suggestions if this would be possible to implement.

1. Would it be possible to set the widgets on the Touch Bar to a fixed size and make the text inside them scroll when it doesn't fit instead?
    For example in Spotify the name of the artist and song can sometimes be very long which takes up a lot of space since the widget size increases.
    Same thing for Things 3 or Fantastical when there are events which have lots of text.

Would be nice to have these widgets with a fixed size and scrolling text instead.

1. Would it be possible to change the behavior on Things 3 and Calendar so they show multiple events on the same day (at the moment only the upcoming one is shown).
    I'm thinking something like: Widget shows event > refreshes > shows next event > refreshes and so on.

That's all for now, keep up the good work!

1. Unfortunately, this isn't possible for a variety of reasons. It's a highly requested feature, and @Andreas_Hegenberg is definitely aware of the demand for it! But it's apparently quite technically difficult to implement.

2. This actually already exists, woo! Just long press on the calendar widget or date to get the next ten calendar events. I don't have a similar thing set up for Things, but it wouldn't be too difficult to pull off, so I'll look into adding this in the future.

Damn that's unfortunate.

Well then, keep up the good work!

Btw @GoldenChaos.

Would it be possible to set an option to display some icons the same way "Messages"-app shows up in the Touch Bar (with dock badge).
Since the Messages app only shows the app icon + badge it doesn't take up much space.
Would be nice to have an option to display Things 3 and Calendar events the same way (if possible).

Could be a workaround for keeping the space on the Touch Bar for now.

At this point, you're entering into manual customization territory! BTT itself includes a suite of tools that allow you to create generic buttons that launch apps, all within the BTT Preferences window. If you want to use the dock badges as a template, you can simply copy them in there and change the widget type to "Button" instead of "Script" so it always appears. They're located over on the left in the "Dock" section! :slight_smile: