Show HUD Overlay async.

I experience a short delay to the next action when using the Show HUD Overlay action (using it for the extended settings). Would be nice to be able to show it async.

It is already shown asyncronously, however anything that renders UI can slightly delay other things in BTT. Maybe you can add it after the action?

I use AltTab app switcher and noticed sometimes missing the Alt Tab keypress action after the hud show. After disabeling the hud action behaviour to AltTab is very responsive. Hud show in this case not highly needed.

how are you triggering the hud/alt tab? Is the shortcut for Alt Tab set up in BTT?

Yes,
afbeelding

and you think with this setup the alt+tab shortcut is not triggered for some reason on your system?

(I just tried with my Alt Tab, but can't see any delay or issue)

No the way it is now (see screenprint) the behaviour is responsive. But if I activate the show HUD action the Alt Tab call gets less responsive sometimes missing the the AltTab keypress even.

Weird, I can't really think of a reason for that. I just checked again, but the HUD action is preformed asynchronously, independently from any shortcut handling.

I'll try to do some more precise measurements as I can't see any delay or slowness here.

Thx, but again showing the HUD is not essential in this case As long AltTab get triggerd quick and reliable :slight_smile:

Quick question: Which macOS version are you running? (versions before macOS 13 use a different implementation of the HUD, although it shouldn't really make a difference)

macOS Sonoma 14.6.1
BTT Version: 4.664 (46640)
Using this gesture to trigger: TipTap Left (2 Fingers Fix)

1 Like