Show/Hide MacOS Control Strip shortcut

Hi,

Is it possible to trigger the option 'Show MacOS control strip' via a touch bar button, or hotkey or ...? Normally I like to also have the MacOS control strip visible, but I'd like to be able to temporarily get the additional space by hiding it.

Thanks

For sure. My advice would be to create a trigger outside of the Touch Bar (feg a two finger force click) with the action “toggle BTT Touch Bar”. This will activate the macOS Touch Bar if BTT is shown, and show the BTT Touch Bar if the default macOS one is shown. The advantage of this solution regarding a BTT button is, that it remains the same for switching.
You can also set some keys that deactivate BTT entirely while these keys are pressed. I use ⌘⌥ to show the macOS bar, super convenient for picking words or emojis from the spell suggestion!

Edit: after a second lecture I’m not sure wether you’re talking about @GoldenChaos’ preset? :thinking:

Thanks, that's helpful. Ideally, I'd like to be able to not just toggle the whole BTT touchbar on/off, but to control whether the MacOS control strip is visible on the right hand side of the touch bar. However, this is a step in the right direction.

how do i do this i have not been able to do it

You chose whatever gesture you want for the trackpad and the action to perform would be "Toggle BetterTouchTool Touch Bar" (or something like that).