"Show Control Center" not working

I'm using BTT v3.510 on MacOS Big Sur.

Describe the bug
I can't get "Show Control Center" to work. It popped up some prompt the first time I tried, which I didn't read in detail. Then, afterwards, the prompt never showed up again and the action never works.

Affected input device (e.g. MacBook Trackpad, Magic Mouse/Trackpad, Touch Bar, etc.):
I assigned it to my trackpad's "4 finger swipe left", but I don't think that's related to the bug.

Device information:

• Type of Mac: 2019 MacBook Pro 13"
  • macOS version: Big Sur 11.0.1
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.510

Additional information (e.g. StackTraces, related issues, screenshots, workarounds, etc.):

Maybe BTT is not checked for for everything here?

(System PReferences => Security & Privacy)

Thanks for the quick reply! "System Events" wasn't checked, but I just checked it. Control Center still doesn't open though :frowning:

Are there app logs that I can pull to see what the error is?

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 9.17.08 AM

I pulled up some debug logs and found this:

1607447967.980712|xw|disabling touch for internal trackpad (clamshell)|
1607447967.999043|ASL|did show control center|
1607447968.458285|ASL|did show control center|
1607447969.045414|ASL|did show control center|
1607447969.482888|ASL|did show control center|
1607447969.891552|ASL|did show control center|

Seems like BTT thinks that the Control Center showed, but it didn't actually show...

Could you check if either of these two Apple Scripts opens the Control Center for you? Running in the Apple Script Editor app:

tell application "System Events" to click menu bar item "Control Centre" of menu bar 1 of application process "ControlCenter"
tell application "System Events" to click menu bar item 2 of menu bar 1 of application process "ControlCenter"

The first one fails, but the second one works!

Here is the error from the first one:

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 5.51.16 PM

Thanks for trying, then I need to update my code to behave like the second one. Seems like the menubar icon title is language specific.

Will be fixed with next update! (For now you could use the "Run Apple Script " predefined action)

1 Like

Awesome!

First script worked for me when "Control Centre" was changed to "Control Center". Second script worked fine as well.

However, when in full screen running anything, the script would not trigger the control center to show, unless you moved the cursor to the top of screen and then menu bar showed. When menu bar is visible, it triggers just fine. Is there another script or trigger we can use to temporarily show menu bar if hidden?

1 Like

Seems like (^ F2) moves focus to menu bar. Currently using this shortcut trigger paired with the control center script together as a temporary fix. Not perfect but works.

first one fails

and the second one gives output "missing value"!
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 01.11.13|516x500 "

This Script works non language specific:

tell application "System Events"
	tell application process "ControlCenter"
		repeat with theItem in menu bar items of menu bar 1
			if (exists attribute "AXIdentifier" of theItem) then
				if value of attribute "AXIdentifier" of theItem is "com.apple.menuextra.controlcenter" then
					click theItem
					exit repeat
				end if
			end if
		end repeat
	end tell
end tell
1 Like

:wave:
Same problem here with the last version of BTT (3.952) : the Show Control Center action never triggers (tried with key combination, mouse, trackpad – triggers work in Live view but never trigger the action).

I use Bartender. When I quit it, it shows the Wi-Fi menu, but when it's running, nothing appears.
If I delete the Wi-Fi menu, the trigger shows the sound menu instead of Wi-Fi.

Second script here works (Bartender on), everything is checked in Automation privacy, and all other actions of BTT work well.

+ When I do setup a trigger with it, it blocks the mouse scroll randomly (might need to do some test to see if it comes from the trigger or the action).

macOS 12.6.2

Something I missed?