Shift+Click doesn't work in Logic Pro X

I'm trying to make a shortcut for Shift + left click in Logic Pro X (probably true for GarageBand as well) to set the playhead location. I've tried triggering with 3 finger tip tap middle, 3 finger click and 3 finger tap, as well as 5 finger tap on a magic trackpad.

I've tried disabling tap to click in Mac trackpad settings, and making sure 3 finger drag is disabled.

The shift+click shortcut does work in Finder for selecting multiple items

Oddly, the behavior is inconsistent in Logic. If the pointer is hovering over the playhead position in the top bar, the shortcut works! It is only in the main arranging area where the shift+click shortcut doesn't work. For some reason, Ctrl+click works in the arranging area

Any ideas here?

Thanks!

Affected input device:
Macbook Trackpad and Magic Trackpad

Device information:

• Type of Mac: MacBook 16 (2019)
  • macOS version: 10.15.3
  • BetterTouchTool version: 3.332 (1527)

I think I would need to have a look at Logic Pro X, seems to be a very specific problem. Do you know whether there is a trial available?

You could try to add additional explicit shift key down and shift key up actions, but I don't think this will help:

Andreas,

Thanks for the quick response. This suggestion helped! I discovered the difference in Logic Pro is that the response to shift+click takes place on click release, not click down, whereas in Finder or other areas where shift+click was working, the action takes place on click down.

I needed to add a delay of 0.01 seconds after the click before releasing the shift key. Apparently the timing was too close after the click release command was sent for it to be registered as a shift+click.

So now my actions are

• Shift Key Down
  • Left Click
  • Delay next action by 0.01 seconds (delay found in Auxiliary Actions)
  • Shift Key Up

Thanks for your help!