loginwindow is usually not the culprit (although it has been in the past). However macOS returns that PID in some cases when actually another app is at fault.
You can try quitting apps one by one and keep an eye on the secure input warning shown when clicking the BTT icon.
There is no solution because this is a security feature of macOS. When secure input is active, BTT can only support standard keyboard shortcuts.
Locking your screen and unlocking it would fix it if it was caused by loginwindow
It was Chrome!
When I quit Chrome, the error went away!
So the problem is with Chrome not deactivating Secure Input?
But the solution, for now, is to restart Chrome?
Yes. Are you using a password manager in Chrome? There have been bugs in e.g. 1Password in the past that have caused this. (But I think for 1password most of them are fixed now)
Yes. I use RoboForm.
So maybe it is the RoboForm extension that has the problem?
Yes, I don't know RoboForm, but maybe keep that in mind. If it happens right after using RoboForm it is probably caused by it.
@Andreas_Hegenberg
support standard keyboard shortcuts.
What counts as a standard or non-standard keyboard shortcut? I have "Automatically switch to old keyboard implementation if secure input is enabled" enabled in my BTT settings, but when I use a keyboard shortcut that I defined as "⌥s" to paste some text, it doesn't work in a secure input field. Is "⌥s" not a standard keyboard shortcut?
in secure input fields option and shift based shortcuts in general are not allowed anymore since macOS Sequoia
In my case it was enpass as long as I didn't unlock it
Update: this seems to be a problem. for a few days - every time the Enpass safe locks I get "Secure int activated by: enpass" and have to unlock enpass first before I can use my shortcuts again. Can you do something here?
Good morning I don't know what's going on on my Mac right now (26.6.2) BTT 6.8.26
Yesterday Enpass prevented my shortcuts from working. This morning it's Claude and now again some login Windows
Am I the only one for whom the shortcuts and key sequences have become unusable since Monday
HEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP
unfortunately the shown app name is not always accurate. I’d recommend to close app by app until BTT doesn’t show the warning anymore to find the culprit
Okay - than the problem is enpass - but the last update of enpass was in July - I have set up an ticket there.
But i didńt understand the problem - is it the macos? Areńt there a solution to fix it? Do i have to decide using Shortcuts or enpass?
it’s a macos security feature. Apps can activate secure input mode, which prevents other apps from monitoring keyboard input. This is important for e.g. password entry. However the app that activated secure input mode also needs to disable it again once it is finished with the task. If an app forgets to disable secure input, there is no way for other apps to resolve it.
Thank you for your message. I just passed this on to Enpass Support and am curious what they say about it. In fact, I just see that an update came on September 14th
Short Feedback from Enpass - they are searching for a fix!
For the sake of completeness: With the new Enpass version, the bug has been fixed and the shortcuts are working again